Google calendar sound notifications not working on new s9+

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have checked my settings. Calendar notifications are turned on. I've changed the sounds around. None of them are going off. Not sure what I'm missing. Ive had my phone less than a week and I need those sounds.

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Be aware that you have 2 "Calendar" apps on your phone. One is the Google calendar and the other is the Samsung calendar. Make sure that you have enabled notifications for the correct one.

Also verify that you have the notification set to "High" or "Urgent". Those make sounds. Lower priorities do not.

SusieInColo

Jan 15, 2019
Visit site
Be aware that you have 2 "Calendar" apps on your phone. One is the Google calendar and the other is the Samsung calendar. Make sure that you have enabled notifications for the correct one.

Also verify that you have the notification set to "High" or "Urgent". Those make sounds. Lower priorities do not.

Am aware of the difference between Google and Samsung calendars, thanks. My notifications *were* set to high and urgent; however upon going into settings > Apps > Google > Notifications I had to switch to "Allowed" as the factory toggle setting was off. Now the notification sounds are working.

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Am aware of the difference between Google and Samsung calendars, thanks. My notifications *were* set to high and urgent; however upon going into settings > Apps > Google > Notifications I had to switch to "Allowed" as the factory toggle setting was off. Now the notification sounds are working.

Not to put a damper on your expectations, but my Google Calendar notifications were so unreliable, I kept the app but enabled notifications through another calendar app (Nine for Exchange). Redundant but necessary.