Android 9.0, Pi

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I just received notice of an update for my phone to Pi. The thing is I don't want to update right away. I'd rather wait and see what others have to say first before making that leap.

I know that one of the things with Pi is that we lose access to free themes. They will now be 2 weeks "trials". Does that effect the themes I have already downloaded? Will I still have them or will they all become trials?

Thie update notice says that I can defer installation up to nine times and that I can't use my phone until I update. Whats with this? In the past I could always deny the update as long as I wished. I restarted my phone and I can use it now but I just won't click on the notification so I can continue using my phone.

I know I will update at some point. I'd just like to wait a few weeks.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
The themes are irrelevant since a lot of themers haven't updated anyway. So their themes aren't yet working properly.
Also, if you're the type to use dark mode, dark mode is not compatible with themes, so you can't theme AND dark mode.

Milt K

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I just received notice of an update for my phone to Pi. The thing is I don't want to update right away. I'd rather wait and see what others have to say first before making that leap.

I know that one of the things with Pi is that we lose access to free themes. They will now be 2 weeks "trials". Does that effect the themes I have already downloaded? Will I still have them or will they all become trials?

Thie update notice says that I can defer installation up to nine times and that I can't use my phone until I update. Whats with this? In the past I could always deny the update as long as I wished. I restarted my phone and I can use it now but I just won't click on the notification so I can continue using my phone.

I know I will update at some point. I'd just like to wait a few weeks.

Are you in the US and what carrier are you using? Nothing here on Verizon yet on my Snapdragon 9+.

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Some themes are still free. You just have to look through them. Found a couple of free dark mode themes.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I didn't get any warning for themes will still be 14 days only. I stopped using themes and went dark mode though. Themes compatible for Pie will also look different in the previews. So You'll have to look which themes are still compatible.
Personally the benefits of Pie completely outweigh any problems I've heard/read/seen so far.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I didn't get any warning for themes will still be 14 days only. I stopped using themes and went dark mode though. Themes compatible for Pie will also look different in the previews. So You'll have to look which themes are still compatible.
Personally the benefits of Pie completely outweigh any problems I've heard/read/seen so far.

Same. Dumped my theme, went to dark mode and never looked back.

anon(8453378)

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone found a solution for night mode and non-Samsung apps. I love the night mode so far, except when I open a Google app and am blinded by the white.

brad419

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Is downloading on Verizon right now. Georgia. And I have always used themes, just don't know what will happen now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL