I have a new issue that just started this week. When I wake up my S9, I swipe the lock screen open. Just this week, now when I do that, I get a second lock screen with military time on top that I have to swipe open. The second lock screen is now coming with ads on it. Since this started to happen, I get ads all the time - I can be in the middle of typing a text or message and an ad will pop up.
    01-31-2019 12:51 PM
    Sounds like you have some crappy app on your phone causing this issue. Restart in safe mode and see if the problem persists. If not, start eliminating apps from your app list.
    mary beth hale and Gav508 like this.
    01-31-2019 01:04 PM
    I have a new issue that just started this week. When I wake up my S9, I swipe the lock screen open. Just this week, now when I do that, I get a second lock screen with military time on top that I have to swipe open. The second lock screen is now coming with ads on it. Since this started to happen, I get ads all the time - I can be in the middle of typing a text or message and an ad will pop up.
    Welcome to the forums. I agree with the previous poster, those ads are caused by an app that you downloaded. This guide can help you to identify the culprit.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=901497
    mary beth hale likes this.
    01-31-2019 01:25 PM
    Sounds like you have some crappy app on your phone causing this issue. Restart in safe mode and see if the problem persists. If not, start eliminating apps from your app list.
    Not an app, it's part of Samsung's Pie update. Posts all over offer various settings to remove it, but nothing worked. I finally fumbled around and removed it. It's something with full screen games. Extra button on bottom right of Taskbar. Held it down, turned off auto lock or something in there. It was on my wife's phone last night, so I can't tell you exactly right now.
    Frankjaap likes this.
    01-31-2019 03:26 PM
    Not an app, it's part of Samsung's Pie update. Posts all over offer various settings to remove it, but nothing worked. I finally fumbled around and removed it. It's something with full screen games. Extra button on bottom right of Taskbar. Held it down, turned off auto lock or something in there. It was on my wife's phone last night, so I can't tell you exactly right now.
    No kidding. Updating my device now. Hopefully I don't have this issue. Thanks for the heads up.
    01-31-2019 03:37 PM
    No kidding. Updating my device now. Hopefully I don't have this issue. Thanks for the heads up.
    It's not part of Pie update. At least hasn't been in the beta
    01-31-2019 06:05 PM
    It's not part of Pie update. At least hasn't been in the beta
    I just got the Pie update and I'm not having this issue at all either.
    01-31-2019 06:07 PM
    It's not part of the Pie update. I got Pie and didn't see this. It is definitely an app.
    02-01-2019 01:44 PM
    No, it isn't.
    02-03-2019 07:24 PM
    Worked for me. No Black Magic there, when turning of it states that the screen is there to keep you up to date with battery life, usage, etc. If you want quick acces to your phone, like I do, you can simply turn it of. On my phone its located in the three dots upper right corner screen.
    07-09-2020 01:18 PM