07-04-2019 11:18 PM
39 12
tools
    If you run multiple apps on the screen (like something that has to be logged into and your password app), horizontal is easier - just tap the icon at the top of the app showing in recents, choose to split the screen, then choose the other app from recents on the bottom of the screen. Much faster. Vertical scrolling on half a screen is kind of cramped.
    Not hardly, that's true if you don't know how to use split screen... it's just a dumb as move to attract dumb *** iPhone users
    04-13-2019 01:37 PM
    Lmao it's part of the update. There's no way to "change it back" unless you flash back to Oreo. Silly question.
    First of all, NEVER say someone asked a silly question. There is no "silly questions", if he is wondering about something it's so much better to ask then not doing anything. Second of all, samsung have updated their app "Good Lock" and you CAN change the recent apps view with alot of differnet options on how you want it to look. Here is a video explaning everything
    04-15-2019 03:06 PM
    First of all, NEVER say someone asked a silly question. There is no "silly questions", if he is wondering about something it's so much better to ask then not doing anything. Second of all, samsung have updated their app "Good Lock" and you CAN change the recent apps view with alot of differnet options on how you want it to look. Here is a video explaning everything
    Goodlock is not availible in the galaxy store.. s8

I really HATE the new recent apps.. i cant switch apps fluently it sucks its a piece of **** idea and iphone can go [language redacted by Mod] themselfs.
    CristianZamora likes this.
    04-17-2019 12:50 AM
    Goodlock is not availible in the galaxy store.. s8

I really HATE the new recent apps.. i cant switch apps fluently it sucks its a piece of **** idea and iphone can go fuk themselfs.
    Goodlock is available in the Galaxy store. I just downloaded it yesterday and played with a lot of the settings. It's nice to customize a lot of it.
    04-17-2019 10:51 AM
    I just upgraded to Pie on the S8 and thankfully, I found this post to change the recent apps look. Good Lock > Task Changer > Slim List = me being happy again.
    06-06-2019 10:30 AM
    With Samsung software being all about having the most options and ways of doing things it seems out of character that they would force you to do it one way. On my LG, you can use the old way or the new way natively without needing to download any third party apps. It's just an option in the settings. I'm surprised Samsung doesn't do something like this.
    06-06-2019 12:02 PM
    With Samsung software being all about having the most options and ways of doing things it seems out of character that they would force you to do it one way. On my LG, you can use the old way or the new way natively without needing to download any third party apps. It's just an option in the settings. I'm surprised Samsung doesn't do something like this.
    I was surprised as well. Oreo on the S8 had the app switch view option already built in, so it seems a step backwards for the needed to download a separate app. Although it was Samsung's own app, it can only be downloaded from their app rather than Play Store.

The Good Lock app has other functions, so I suppose this is part of Samsung's strategy for people to use more of their apps.
    06-06-2019 10:32 PM
    I was surprised as well. Oreo on the S8 had the app switch view option already built in, so it seems a step backwards for the needed to download a separate app. Although it was Samsung's own app, it can only be downloaded from their app rather than Play Store.

The Good Lock app has other functions, so I suppose this is part of Samsung's strategy for people to use more of their apps.
    I think Google put rules on certain things you can modify in andriod pie and Samsung just following that like other andriod manufacturers
    06-06-2019 10:43 PM
    I think Google put rules on certain things you can modify in andriod pie and Samsung just following that like other andriod manufacturers
    That could be. LG on pie still has both options, so idk if that was one of the things that Google made a rule about.
    06-07-2019 11:04 AM
    That could be. LG on pie still has both options, so idk if that was one of the things that Google made a rule about.
    Yeah its strange , my 1+6,Google, Samsung only have the one option unless u download Good lock for Samsung then you have options.
    06-07-2019 11:09 AM
    In short, the vertical 'stacked' scrolling view of Recent Apps has been changed to a side by side horizontal view. Does anyone know how to change it back? I can't seem to find any menu or option which allows you to alter the view. Many thanks!
    Try going back to the normal home buttons and not the gesture home button
    06-14-2019 08:13 PM
    Lmao it's part of the update. There's no way to "change it back" unless you flash back to Oreo. Silly question.
    People come here for help, not to be told thier an *****.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-18-2019 04:17 PM
    I agree. If you don't have anything constructive to say about this, please move on to another thread.
    06-18-2019 09:31 PM
    A little late to the party, but how is that a silly question? Obviously it's part of the update but that doesn't automatically eliminate the potential alternative functions. (Duh)
    Previous things have allowed one to change whether it's horizontal or vertical, so the logic is sound. Making the assumption that one can't change it, without establishing as such first, would be relatively asinine.

Next time you want to "LMAO" please get your "A.O" of your pedestal first. It doesn't pay to be presumptuous.
    07-04-2019 11:18 PM
39 12