08-16-2019 11:48 AM
33 12
tools
    I did not want the system update, but my phone did the update anyway. I HATE the updates to the point I don't want to use my phone anymore. How do I undo the update?
    02-05-2019 01:15 AM
    I am having issues as well. Phone is running much slower than usual and my banking app WILL NOT work (it's not the app...I checked my husband's iPhone and it works perfectly) This update is absolutely awful...I would like to know how to uninstall too. From what I've searched so far, there isn't a way to uninstall a system update...I hope not tho
    02-05-2019 07:26 AM
    Come on Samsung, I thought you were better than this!
    02-05-2019 07:28 AM
    All android devices are being updated to pie. If you don't like it not much you can do. I use nova launcher so I can make most of the decisions myself about how things look.
    Most people like the pie update. What things do you not like? And the banking app is likely the fault of the app developer not updating the app to work with android pie, not samsungs fault.
    02-05-2019 07:37 AM
    You cannot roll back. You would have to flash Oreo firmware. I've been using Pie (the update you just got) on the Beta for months and like it a lot. Nodnerb is right about the banking app. Give it a chance. You might want to wipe cache partition. Also watch some videos about the Pie update on Samsung.
    John Polanco and Gray Area like this.
    02-05-2019 08:05 AM
    Why would an iOS app (12.2) have any bearing?

Google tightened security, banking apps looking at you BoA) broke but we're updated to work.

Just wait for Android 10 and 11 which make more changes, security, and requirements.

Uninstall/reinstall. That insures it includes the proper code and permissions, assuming it is Pie compliant.
    02-05-2019 09:52 AM
    Sorry. I'm a firm believer in "if it's not broke don't fix it" I feel like most of these "updates" are just software engineers justifying their job. I will blame Samsung, I had absolutely no problems until the update...my phone is also very lagging...sorry for the soapbox, I'm so sick of being jerked around by technology
    Sn0man and MRS DIVA like this.
    02-05-2019 03:36 PM
    Always best to do a complete factory reset then set up phone from scratch (no backups) if you want full speed back after a major update.
    mary beth hale and pontiac005 like this.
    02-05-2019 03:38 PM
    I am having issues as well. Phone is running much slower than usual and my banking app WILL NOT work (it's not the app...I checked my husband's iPhone and it works perfectly)
    You do know that your Android app and his iPhone app are completely different things, right? They're not at ALL related.

To say "it's not the app because the iPhone app works fine" doesn't make any sense, right? Two completely different things.

Your bank may need to update their app to work well with Android 9. Not at all uncommon.
    02-05-2019 06:58 PM
    Sorry. I'm a firm believer in "if it's not broke don't fix it" I feel like most of these "updates" are just software engineers justifying their job.
    Well, yes. I agree.

That all being said: many people reported what you did when they switched to Android 9, and in most if not all cases everything was fixed with a factory reset.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    02-05-2019 06:59 PM
    Try wiping the cache partition: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-37180

Samsung doesn't have the greatest track record when it comes to bug-free system updates. If you want a much smoother update experience, consider a Pixel phone, since the updates are coming direct from Google, without the need for various tweaks and modifications from the manufacturer.
    Sn0man likes this.
    02-07-2019 11:38 AM
    I am loving the Pie update. Battery life seems better, and the phone just seems better.
    pontiac005, brad419 and Gayle Lynn like this.
    02-07-2019 03:56 PM
    I just updated to Pie on my Samsung S9. A couple of app buttons look a bit different but otherwise I don't really see a difference. Does anyone have a good link to somewhere that explains what's new, if anything is new?
    02-07-2019 04:36 PM
    I just updated to Pie on my Samsung S9. A couple of app buttons look a bit different but otherwise I don't really see a difference. Does anyone have a good link to somewhere that explains what's new, if anything is new?
    Try this: https://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-one-ui
    Glen2018 likes this.
    02-07-2019 05:35 PM
    Thanks. I guess that this update is just incremental improvements. That and improvements under the hood.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-07-2019 09:06 PM
    Since the update my phone will not audibly alert me of a text or email if my blue tooth is on. This is a major problem for me!
    I have an LG collar style blue tooth so that I don't have to have the bud in my ear all the time. Since I use the phone for work also I'm unaware when a piece of equipment sends a shut down text.
    02-09-2019 03:10 PM
    I'm liking the update. turned on the new gestures feature, trying to get used to that. my battery life seems to have improved!. All my apps are working fine. I'm happy!
    mary beth hale and pontiac005 like this.
    02-09-2019 03:25 PM
    Battery life seems to have greatly improved but not liking that contact details are that faint that they are practically illegible - is there a fix for this?
    pontiac005 likes this.
    02-13-2019 10:13 AM
    I believe that's a theming issue -- the same goes for difficult-to-read text in the Calendar app. Change the theme and see if that helps.
    02-13-2019 10:38 AM
    Battery life seems to have greatly improved but not liking that contact details are that faint that they are practically illegible - is there a fix for this?
    Try a different theme. I am using dark mode, stock theme, and they pop.
    02-13-2019 08:34 PM
    I hate the February 2019 update. I cannot find anything anymore, button icons have been replaced by words (come on Samsung this is going back to the stone age!!!) that I cannot read, I only have one eye and it isn't great. Some words appear in the middle of a full screen - exactly the last place you would expect a button. Underlining a word is hardly better than an icon that disappears. "More Info" is now ridiculous. There are now two or even three levels of questions to make sure that the first time you requested something you really meant it. I could better just hit back if I went wrong. The only time you should double check is for non-reversible changes. I hate the color changes. Why? It isn't better, it's just confusing. I hate the icon changes. Why? It isn't better, it's just confusing. In my car while driving I now can find nothing. I used to be able to navigate quite easily, now I scream at the bloody thing.
    02-22-2019 02:52 AM
    Worse, when the new Samsung comes out, they have to ruin your current one to get you to buy a new one, so updates become downgrades.
    02-22-2019 02:53 AM
    Battery life improved on mine too. The only thing I don't like is the time at the top left. Not use to it.
    02-22-2019 11:28 AM
    Then do a factory reset. Setup as new without restore. Then judge it. And gradually install apps you need.

Clearing cache partition seems to always help to point where system update should do it on its own automatically.

Pie on Samsung is still young and they may make changes once they have months of user experience beyond what a few months of beta testing. It is “dot zero” in ways but had to be ready for S10 rollout.
    02-22-2019 11:36 AM
    For All those looking to "Roll-Back" from this crappy firmware update, A good idea is to find someone with an S9, (preferably a friend) that has Not yet done this idiotic firmware update, and make a copy of that 8.0 Oreo OS (operating system) so that you can revert or as some call it, "Roll-back" to its original. Have it backed up and then save it onto a PC, from which you will copy it to you cells . To do this, you would have to follow the procedure as IF you were going to Flash the ROM. The principle is to get inside I missed my opportunity with my wife's S9. I bought mine with the update already done. But her's took place as I was setting it up, and was fooled into accepting it bcuz it did not indicate it was a Firmware update. To safely check this for yourself, turn off your phone, then press and hold the vol down, bixby button and power button at same time. (bixby button is under the vol butt.). Next you will see a screen with a warning sign (no worries as nothing is being done). Then press vol up. Here you should see the options available. Now you can scroll down to Restart phone. This is only for those who can manage computer tasks. Its entirely up to you. I know I will be trying to locate a copy of 8.0 Oreo OS.
    04-24-2019 11:26 PM
33 12