I have a Galaxy s9 which updated recently.

Since the update, the phone screen keeps changing Greyscale back to colour of its own accord after a few hours. I usually have to go to Settings > Accesibility > Visibility Enhancements > Colour adjustment > Greyscale each time I want it back

I don't want to have to do this process each time I want to switch back to Greyscale. Does anyone have a solution?
    02-07-2019 11:07 AM
    you are probably using another feature/app that interferes with that grayscale setting.
    one that springs to mind is the blue light filter or maybe a theme.
    02-08-2019 08:44 PM
    you are probably using another feature/app that interferes with that grayscale setting.
    one that springs to mind is the blue light filter or maybe a theme.
    Thanks for the reply.

I'm using the default theme and have no blue light blocker type apps installed. I've tried closing all running apps, not use the phone for a while and the problem still persists. There aren't any weird apps running in background either when I look at battery usage for which apps have been running.

In fact, I haven't installed any new apps since the update so a) either there's an old app which is no longer compatible with Android or b) the new update has a feature which automatically switches Greyscale off. One thing I have noticed is that since the update, a notification is permanently there saying "Colour adjustment is on" when Greyscale mode is on. This notification wasn't on before.

Any suggestion on what I could try to further diagnose the issue?

Another though - rather than try to fix this issues, are there any apps I could use which would work better for Greyscale than the built in feature? I can only see one on play store from a Chinese developer which requires root permission and I'm not sure I want to do that.
    02-11-2019 04:06 AM
    Thanks for the reply.

I'm using the default theme and have no blue light blocker type apps installed. ...
    You don't need to install an app to do blue light filter, it is built into the system. Look in Settings -> Display and ensure that "Blue light filter" is off.
    02-11-2019 09:47 AM
    Not only should you make sure it's off, make sure there is no custom schedule set as well by clicking on the blue light filter title. When a custom schedule is set, the toggle will show off so just make sure it isn't set to turn itself on and off at certain times.
    02-11-2019 10:04 AM
    Not only should you make sure it's off, make sure there is no custom schedule set as well by clicking on the blue light filter title. When a custom schedule is set, the toggle will show off so just make sure it isn't set to turn itself on and off at certain times.
    Could you clarify how to do this? The blue light filter is definitely off when I go to Settings > Display > Blue light filter. I don't see any option to set a custom schedule. I've never used this function before so I can't imagine how a custom schedule would have been set.

I've spent the last week trying to figure out which apps might be switching the Greyscale option off and can't figure it out. There's no obvious pattern to it in terms of the app I'm using, time of day, time in use etc.
    02-22-2019 10:43 AM
    go to settings, apps, 3 dots, special access
    check what apps are allowed in the following categories:
    device admin apps
    change system settings
    if an app is changing that greyscale then you will find it in one of those 2 categories.
    02-22-2019 11:34 AM