Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Just received this morning on GS9 US Unlocked on AT& T
26dadecba473b1120704f15793548d38.jpg

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
From XDA:

Update 3 (2/18/19): Last but not least, the U.S. unlocked Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ is getting the Android 9 Pie update with One UI, according to multiple users on Reddit.

The reason the U.S. unlocked model is last is that Samsung needs to test compatibility with all 4 major U.S. carriers to ensure network stability for the unlocked model.

https://www.xda-developers.com/samsung-galaxy-s9-one-ui-android-pie-sprint-verizon/

Glad no longer on b4.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
From XDA:

Update 3 (2/18/19): Last but not least, the U.S. unlocked Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ is getting the Android 9 Pie update with One UI, according to multiple users on Reddit.

The reason the U.S. unlocked model is last is that Samsung needs to test compatibility with all 4 major U.S. carriers to ensure network stability for the unlocked model.

https://www.xda-developers.com/samsung-galaxy-s9-one-ui-android-pie-sprint-verizon/

Glad no longer on b4.

My unlocked s9+ been in beta until this morning

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
The wife has a Tmobile Galaxy S9+ and received Pie this morning. Looks pretty nice. It'd be cool if my galaxy s8 got it too, but I know that's expecting too much.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
With b4 every morning the screen Display timeout was reset to 10 seconds. Not 10 minutes or the option I set it to.

Also Google Play store treats beta as uncertified or something.

I’m sure it’s got other bug fixes stability and performance improvements along with Jan security update

bigbot45

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
This morning after updating Samsung pushed a Visual Voicemail application that works with AT&T! I did have to reboot after it installed to work though.

Glen2018

Feb 11, 2018
Visit site
Unlocked S9 on Rogers in Canada. I did go into settings to manually check for updates rather than receiving a notification but I'm sure that would only speed it up a day or two. I've never heard of Canada getting an update before the States so something must be up with your carrier. Mine updated around two or three weeks ago, early February.

LMychajluk

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Take this FWIW...

I received the Pie update yesterday morning and attempted to install it around noon when prompted. I then got caught in a re-boot loop. This was w/ a US Unlocked S9+ on Sprint.

Luckily, I have a Samsung store nearby, so I ran over there. They were able to get be back to my original OS. They told me it was 'updated' (obviously not), but before I left the rep's desk I was prompted to d/l and upgrade again. I did w/ the rep there and I was put back into the loop again.

While there, another user was there w/ the same problem (T-Mobile carrier).

They ended up flashing both of our phones manually, wiping all local data, which was fine (all my data was sync'd), though now I seem to be missing some of my previously installed apps from the Google Play Store under 'My Apps', so it's going to take me weeks to figure out what I'm missing.

Beware.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz