Missing holidays since update

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Samsung S9 and a couple days ago it updated and now there’s no holidays on my calendar past July 4 2019.

mykaterbean

Feb 9, 2019
Visit site
I just noticed mine is the same way, but I'm missing from May on.

Both my daughters are the same as yours. Nothing past May. So far I can’t find anything on how to fix it. I also notice that my battery seems to be draining faster. There’s apps I can’t seem to put to sleep anymore like I used to be able to. I’ve done a cache partition wipe but so far that hasn’t fixed anything. I’m going through all my settings little by little to see what’s changed. I hope they release a fix soon.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately I had the same problem. After searching the interwebs, I found the only solution that would work is the remove your Google account from your phone, restart your device, & then add your Google account back. I did this and all holidays are showing correctly.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else tried this? Sounds pretty drastic and I think I'll let somebody else go first (or second).
Unfortunately I had the same problem. After searching the interwebs, I found the only solution that would work is the remove your Google account from your phone, restart your device, & then add your Google account back. I did this and all holidays are showing correctly.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem and just now did the "fix". I deleted my Google account and then re-added it. Now I have the holidays. As others have said, just be sure you do a sync first.

mykaterbean

Feb 9, 2019
Visit site
Forgive me but I have to ask what’s probably a dumb question. Until August, I was an iphone user for the last twelve years, so Androids are still pretty new to me, but how do I backup my google account? I looked through all the settings in my google app and I don’t see a sync or backup option. I see the sync option in my calendar app, but I’m sure there’s more to it. I also only see the option to log out of google, but not to delete the account.

Last edited:

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Settings > accounts & backup > accounts > Google > sync account, then enable all apps you want synced. You can sync all apps individually by hitting the respective slider next to each app, or tap the 3 dots in the top right and sync all apps at once.

mykaterbean

Feb 9, 2019
Visit site

Thank you for this fix! It worked like a charm!

gajdar98

Mar 3, 2020
Visit site
Just ran into the same problem on a S8 after the 2/21/20 update. Fix worked great though Google got pretty upset about being deleted. After the restart and reinstall all the USA holidays showed up as far as I cared to scroll.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Holidays disappeared after the update. Removing my Google Account and adding it back in fixed the issue.

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Didn't even notice that my holidays were missing after May 2020. Glad I was checking out the posts in this forum. I wondering what other things Android 10 screwed up. I removed my Google account and set it up again......that also worked for me. Thank you Williams448!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sirius_A