I have posted to these forums in the past and lost my login info. Sorry for the duplicate accounts...

My wife's S9 updated to Pie a few days ago. She has always been able to leave the headphones plugged in and hear the ringer for incoming calls and notifications on the phones main speaker. Since the update, only calls can be heard over the speaker. Notifications can be turned up all the way - still nothing. Any way to make notifications come through on the main speaker when the headphones are plugged in?
    02-10-2019 05:27 PM
    As far as I know there's no way, at the moment, to fix that "issue"...I have Pie since december '18 and it was the first thing that I noticed.
    I asked to the official Samsung Community Forum and they confirmed me that "behaviour" as being part of Android 9.
    Regards,

Roberto
    02-12-2019 06:22 PM
    Do you have use volume keys for media checked?if so uncheck it, I'm almost positive that's the trick
    02-13-2019 10:30 AM
    I just got back into town - sorry about the delayed response - Thank you for taking the time to confirm!
    02-14-2019 07:31 AM
    I will have a look and let you know if that fixes the issue - Thanks!
    02-14-2019 07:32 AM
    Any update on a resolution for this?
    I'm having the same issue (Samsung S8 with Pie update) and it's annoying as I leave the headphones in when I'm at work to answer calls handsfree.
    I tried unchecking the "use volume keys for media" but it was already unchecked. Tried checking it with same result.
    Any ideas?
    04-02-2019 09:43 PM
    I don't know know why Pie made this more difficult, but it looks like you have to download the Sound Assistant app from the Samsung app store, go into "adavanced settings", and then enable "alerts in headphones". That should solve the probablem.
    04-04-2019 11:18 PM
    I don't know know why Pie made this more difficult, but it looks like you have to download the Sound Assistant app from the Samsung app store, go into "adavanced settings", and then enable "alerts in headphones". That should solve the probablem.
    I think the OP didn't have issues with hearing notifications through the headphones. They want to hear the notifications through the phone's speakers as well when the headphones are plugged in (just like me 😁).
    04-06-2019 12:13 AM
    Have you tried the sound assistant app?
    http://apps.samsung.com/appquery/app...soundassistant
    pontiac005 likes this.
    04-08-2019 03:19 PM
    Join the petition to the android development team for this feature request

http://chng.it/St5mDG54Xk
    04-14-2019 02:28 AM