Flashing with Odin: My S9+ is ONLY accepting firmware with my original CSC. Any workaround?

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

My SM-G9650 is available in multiple CSCs. To broadly summarize, there are the Latin America CSCs and then there is one for China and one for Hong Kong. I have the Hong Kong variant (TGY).

Pie finally made it to the SM-G9650 yesterday, but only about 4 CSC's from Latin America.

I had tried flashing a 8.0.0 (Jan 1) update before and it failed, and now a Pie update has also failed. I tried different source CSC's for each (MXO then ZTO).

I have followed the Odin file selection instructions and tried both HOME_CSC and (as a last resort) the regular CSC, but both would fail after downloading the entire file onto the device.

Anyone have any tips on how to perhaps do a successful flash?

At the end of both tries, I re-flashed my original 8.0.0 (Dec 1) TGY firmware and it worked just fine.

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

My SM-G9650 is available in multiple CSCs. To broadly summarize, there are the Latin America CSCs and then there is one for China and one for Hong Kong. I have the Hong Kong variant (TGY).

Pie finally made it to the SM-G9650 yesterday, but only about 4 CSC's from Latin America.

I had tried flashing a 8.0.0 (Jan 1) update before and it failed, and now a Pie update has also failed. I tried different source CSC's for each (MXO then ZTO).

I have followed the Odin file selection instructions and tried both HOME_CSC and (as a last resort) the regular CSC, but both would fail after downloading the entire file onto the device.

Anyone have any tips on how to perhaps do a successful flash?

At the end of both tries, I re-flashed my original 8.0.0 (Dec 1) TGY firmware and it worked just fine.

You have a Hong Kong which is snapdragon and Latin America is Exynos non compatible

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Ok if your sure they both snapdragon
What is it that your trying to do?

I *was* trying to flash a newer firmware, but from a different CSC. It was failing at first, but as per the guide, if I tried after doing a factory reset (from the OS), then going into the recovery menu and doing another factory reset followed by wiping the cache and then going into download mode once again would result in a successful flash.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I *was* trying to flash a newer firmware, but from a different CSC. It was failing at first, but as per the guide, if I tried after doing a factory reset (from the OS), then going into the recovery menu and doing another factory reset followed by wiping the cache and then going into download mode once again would result in a successful flash.

Are you using Odin 3.13.1?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol