It´s a good decision to get the S9+ now?

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Need some advice here. I have an S6 32gb and i want to change it, it served me well but not enough space, no micro sd, small battery, small screen to me now and it do not have the same capacity... I´m thinking of getting the S9+ because while the S8+ would be nice i do not know if it will get the One UI update from what i seen i like it very much, do not have the dual camera, i would like to have the 2x zoom and no stereo speaker.

Don´t know if it would be a good choice to get the S9+ now with the S10 to be announced this month or maybe wait for the S10 or S10 lite IDK. The S10+ surely will be expensive to me and still the jump from the S6 to the S9 i think is big upgrade...

UdiBerry

Mar 17, 2018
Visit site
The S9+ is really amazing, I love mine (and I have no plans replacing it anytime soon, TBH).
But I'd wait for the S10 if I were you.

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I had the Galaxy S5 phone for over 4 years. It was a great phone but like you said....running out of space....small screen....battery...etc. So I purchased the S9 Plus and very...very happy with it. Just received Pie on my S9+ and it's great. I was able to get $300 off the price of the S9+ from Best Buy and NOT from my carrier (Verizon). Yes these phones are expensive and the S10 will be expensive also.

If there will be a huge difference between the S9+ and the S10 in features etc you might want to check out the S10 before making a decision. Good luck.

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I had the Galaxy S5 phone for over 4 years. It was a great phone but like you said....running out of space....small screen....battery...etc. So I purchased the S9 Plus and very...very happy with it. Just received Pie on my S9+ and it's great. I was able to get $300 off the price of the S9+ from Best Buy and NOT from my carrier (Verizon). Yes these phones are expensive and the S10 will be expensive also.

If there will be a huge difference between the S9+ and the S10 in features etc you might want to check out the S10 before making a decision. Good luck.

Thanks both. I can get the S9+ for $400 from a store and not from my carrier. So IDK if the new features & upgrades from the S10 will justity the higher price... I would like the S10 yeah but how much will it cost?

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Definitely. I got a great trade in a couple weeks ago and purchased for under $600. I did look at everything that was going to be on the S10 but decided that it wasn't for me, especially the higher price.

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Definitely. I got a great trade in a couple weeks ago and purchased for under $600. I did look at everything that was going to be on the S10 but decided that it wasn't for me, especially the higher price.

So you got the S9+? Where i live $200 is a good amount of money. If the S10 or S10+ is $200 or more than that then i will get the S9+. From what i have read the S10+ will come with a higher price tag than the S9+ at release. So i doubt that i could afford the S10+, maybe the S10 or the S10E if it´s true.

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
So you got the S9+? Where i live $200 is a good amount of money. If the S10 or S10+ is $200 or more than that then i will get the S9+. From what i have read the S10+ will come with a higher price tag than the S9+ at release. So i doubt that i could afford the S10+, maybe the S10 or the S10E if it´s true.

Yes I did.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks both. I can get the S9+ for $400 from a store and not from my carrier. So IDK if the new features & upgrades from the S10 will justity the higher price... I would like the S10 yeah but how much will it cost?
What store has new 9+ for $400? I want the s10+ with 5g but if it ever comes it will be months away

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
What store has new 9+ for $400? I want the s10+ with 5g but if it ever comes it will be months away

I live outside USA & have to say that the store is recieving my S6 32gb, got it like 6 month later when it launched plus a discount. That is why they are offering me the S9+ 64gb new with warranty for $400.

Last edited:

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
The S9 would serve you remarkably. I wouldn't have a second thought about buying one today. Hell, I've even considered it myself.

Darren Allatt

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
It's definitely a great buy in 2019 with the OneUI update. It would be best to do it after the S10 is launched because there is going to be a bunch of used S9's for sale. Find one Used with the box, all accessories and in excellent condition. There are also a few sellers on eBay who sell "refurbished" models with some slight imperfections. They go very cheap and are great phones.

If you don't need to have the absolute latest phone, it sounds like you don't. Then it will be a great buy and you'd get a lot of mileage out of it.

68bowtie

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
You can get a s9 for $417 and s9+ for $539 on the samsung web site if your with att. I just ordered 2 s9"s for my brother and sister and a note 9 for $699.

Larry 609

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I took advantage of the $600-ish deal that Best Buy offered on the S9+ last June, which was maybe a few months after it came out. It pushed me towards getting one over the other flagships and I haven't looked back.

I'm not sure if you'll find a similar deal for the S10 this time around. But I don't think you'd go wrong either way. $400 for a brand new S9+ is pretty great and would set you up for at least awhile here, especially if you don't have to upgrade every year or two anyway. But if you want to wait to see if any killer features come out on the S10, that's cool too.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
S9/S9+ makes perfect sense to buy now if it's about value for money or Note8 even.
Obviously the above doesn't apply to OCD gadget freaks with ADHD and money to burn :)
Got my note8 on pre-order and resisted getting the Note 9 but will be getting the 10 after launch as im due an upgrade in November but Pie and One UI coming to the Note 8 soon should keep me happy until then

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

Perhaps I misunderstood your comment, but the S10 is likely to be FIVE TIMES that amount. You'll never find one for anything close to that price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae