Exchange Sync Issues Post Pie Update

Nylana237

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
So about a week ago, my Verizon S9 got the Pie upgrade. Since then I have had issues getting my work Exchange email to sync. I will try to get it to sync and it will spin and spin and then nothing updates. The only way I can get it to work is to go into the account settings and then go back out. It seems to make it validate the settings, and then it will work for a few hours until it just stops again, randomly.

A few times when I went into the settings and went back out, it popped up the message I needed to apply the security policy. Of course that was already applied and has been for over a year since I setup the account on this phone, but I hit Apply and it goes and works for a few hours. It never works longer than a few hours at a time before I have to screw with it again. I've deleted and readded the account and that doesn't seem to have fixed it.

Is anyone else having this issue? I don't know if it's the phone and the Pie update, or if it's something with our ActiveSync settings on the Exchange side. I work in IT, so I'm familiar with the ActiveSync setup, if anyone has any ideas.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I'd first try removing the email account totally, then re-adding it back from scratch.

It's possible that during the update - which includes the email app itself - something didn't carry over properly.

Then maybe try another email app.

Mark Jenks

Feb 24, 2019
Visit site
I just started having the same issues after the upgrade. I did delete the account and am trying to add it back and it won't even add it back.

I must be the server, since my Exchange and Office 365 are working fine, but my ZOHO account is the one with the issues.

I can't even add it back with ActiveSync or IMAP right now. But it does work outside on my Android.

-Mark

I'd first try removing the email account totally, then re-adding it back from scratch.

It's possible that during the update - which includes the email app itself - something didn't carry over properly.

Then maybe try another email app.

Justin Iler

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I'm having the exact same issue! My S9+ updated to Pie and immediately afterward I noticed my Exchange email account is not syncing properly within the Samsung email app. I tried removing the account completely and changing the interval time from auto to 15 minutes and neither of those worked. It's driving me crazy and I don't really want to use another email app but I'm not sure what else my alternative is.

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here tried everything so temporarily switched to Outlook until next update then will switch back. Very annoying.

firewritr84

Mar 2, 2019
Visit site
I am having the EXACT same problem and it only started after Pie. I also work in IT and have tried everything I can think of - removed ALL email accounts from phone, rebooted, reinstalled only the Exchange account - no dice. Works great for a few hours and then doesnt sync for 12+ hours (I rely on email for work so I cant experiment and leave it any longer than 12 hours) until I finally go into settings and back out. This is crazy and needs to be fixed.

ZJDon

Mar 4, 2019
Visit site
I'm having the same issue after the Pie update. Tried removing and reinstalling my email account, didn't work. We use Maas360 to configure the exchange account, so re-installed that as well, no luck. In my case it syncs when I open the email app most of the time, sometime it takes a few minutes. I've also tried 15min sync intervals vs. Auto, without success.

phreddie04

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same issue with my Note 8. Was working fine for over a year and when the email app was updated I stopped receiving emails. It seems to work intermittently at times where I will get some emails, but then it will stop. Would love a solution to this issue!

HomeKat

Mar 14, 2019
Visit site
I am having a similar issue, but for me, the most annoying problem is that my stock calendar app (for Galaxy S9+) is no longer syncing with my Exchange calendar. I've input appointments on my phone that never synced with my computer at work (and vice versa) and have ended up double booking myself or missing appointments. It worked fine until the last Pie update about 2 weeks ago. I've tried going into settings and de-selecting calendar sync and then re-selecting it. I've tried deleting my Exchange account from the phone and re-adding it. These typical fixes are not working.

Is anyone else having the calendar sync issue, and if so, have you been able to find a solution for it? Thank you in advance for any suggestions. :)

Elio Adler

Apr 15, 2019
Visit site
Same problem since 2 days. Did you find a solution?
Best
E.

I am having a similar issue, but for me, the most annoying problem is that my stock calendar app (for Galaxy S9+) is no longer syncing with my Exchange calendar. I've input appointments on my phone that never synced with my computer at work (and vice versa) and have ended up double booking myself or missing appointments. It worked fine until the last Pie update about 2 weeks ago. I've tried going into settings and de-selecting calendar sync and then re-selecting it. I've tried deleting my Exchange account from the phone and re-adding it. These typical fixes are not working.

Is anyone else having the calendar sync issue, and if so, have you been able to find a solution for it? Thank you in advance for any suggestions. :)

Curtissimo

Apr 15, 2019
Visit site
I've got the answer! In the email app, tap on the three lines icon in the top left of the screen. Then tap on the cog symbol. Now, select which email account you want to modify by tapping on the email address itself. Here you will find all the sync options your heart desires! I hope that helps. If you want to sync everything from all time, the option is at the top of the dropdown list of time periods for some reason.

HomeKat

Mar 14, 2019
Visit site
I FOUND A SOLUTION TO THE CALENDAR SYNC ISSUE!

I'm using the Galaxy S9+ using stock calendar app. I feel so foolish for not thinking of this sooner. All I did was power down the phone, press and hold the volume-up button, Bixby button, and power button to get into the reboot menu, and select the 'Wipe Cache Partition' option. (Don't worry. You won't lose your data when you do this . . . although I will admit that I did a quick Internet search to make sure of that before I was brave enough to select that option.)

Voila! My Samsung stock calendar app is syncing with my Outlook Exchange calendar again. What a relief! I hope this info. will help someone else. Good luck!

Last edited:

bmrscreamr

Apr 23, 2019
Visit site
I tried this today and it did not work. Thank you for the suggestion. I am using a brand new Samsung Galaxy S10 and I cannot get the Samsung calendar app to recognize or install a new Exchange Activesync account.

I FOUND A SOLUTION TO THE CALENDAR SYNC ISSUE!

I'm using the Galaxy S9+ using stock calendar app. I feel so foolish for not thinking of this sooner. All I did was power down the phone, press and hold the volume-up button, Bixby button, and power button to get into the reboot menu, and select the 'Wipe Cache Partition' option. (Don't worry. You won't lose your data when you do this . . . although I will admit that I did a quick Internet search to make sure of that before I was brave enough to select that option.)

Voila! My Samsung stock calendar app is syncing with my Outlook Exchange calendar again. What a relief! I hope this info. will help someone else. Good luck!

Justin Iler

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
An update for me: my mail app suddenly started working fine a couple weeks back out of the blue. I don't recall an update being pushed out but I can't be 100% certain. all I know is I noticed the Outlook and native mail app started receiving emails at the same time and after some testing I realized the native mail app was working normally again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz