Permission to operate... must perform the certain steps to grant SD card access rights.

Trismos

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
I have some files I would like to delete on my SD Card. I get a pop-up that says I have to "perform the certain steps..." and it shows me steps that don't make any sense: I get a screen that says "Permission to operate... Tap Menu Icon the tap Show SD Card". There is no menu icon on this page so where do I start to find it? If I go to file manager and find the MicroSD page and tap the Menu Icon there, it gives me a drop down that includes "Request Access to operate SD Card" but when I tap that I get the same instruction page. There are three pages to this instruction pop-up - the 2nd page says to swipe the left edge to display the drawer and then the next page says to "Tap Select SD Card to grant access rights to ASUS file manager. When I swipe the left side I get a screen that shows Home, Local Storage, Internal Storage, Micro SD (Highlighted) Network Storage etc. Nothing is available to "Tap Select SD Card....".
Advice please?

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Where it says "Micro SD", tap that entry. (It's a bit confusing the first time you do it - then you do it without thinking about it.)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have some files I would like to delete on my SD Card. I get a pop-up that says I have to "perform the certain steps..." and it shows me steps that don't make any sense: I get a screen that says "Permission to operate... Tap Menu Icon the tap Show SD Card". There is no menu icon on this page so where do I start to find it? If I go to file manager and find the MicroSD page and tap the Menu Icon there, it gives me a drop down that includes "Request Access to operate SD Card" but when I tap that I get the same instruction page. There are three pages to this instruction pop-up - the 2nd page says to swipe the left edge to display the drawer and then the next page says to "Tap Select SD Card to grant access rights to ASUS file manager. When I swipe the left side I get a screen that shows Home, Local Storage, Internal Storage, Micro SD (Highlighted) Network Storage etc. Nothing is available to "Tap Select SD Card....".
Advice please?

Is your sd card encrypted?

Trismos

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
Where it says "Micro SD", tap that entry. (It's a bit confusing the first time you do it - then you do it without thinking about it.)

Sorry, not sure what you mean. I have the MicroSD file page open - there's a hamburger menu to the left that shows me Home, Local Storage, Internal then MicroSD. I can tap the menu from here but the option is Request access to operate SD card and then gives me that instructional page.

Trismos

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
So after you grant permission , it don't allow you to access the data?

I've never where I could grant this permission. Where do you find that first page above where it says Recent? If that is from any page like the MicroSD page, the menu will give me an option to Request access but when you tap it, it just shows me the instructional pages again. Screenshot_20190218-120730_File Manager.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've never where I could grant this permission. Where do you find that first page above where it says Recent? If that is from any page like the MicroSD page, the menu will give me an option to Request access but when you tap it, it just shows me the instructional pages again. View attachment 298301

Check in settings , security make sure sd card don't say encrypted

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
I just downloaded this ASUS File Manager on my Note 8 and experienced the same issue. I could not figure out how to get out of the circular logic.

Opened "My Files" and deleted file from SD card in seconds.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I was able to access Asus file manager keep saying grant then skip then let me in
Keep repeating it will let u in

Trismos

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
Just wanted make sure

Hey - appreciate it! I don't get how they put these packages together sometimes, like this situation where it's far from intuitive when it should be the opposite. But the phones are getting more complicated all the time as well so I guess you can't have it perfect all the time. And of course it's more likely just me.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey - appreciate it! I don't get how they put these packages together sometimes, like this situation where it's far from intuitive when it should be the opposite. But the phones are getting more complicated all the time as well so I guess you can't have it perfect all the time. And of course it's more likely just me.

I agree , they should make it easier
Where you able to get in ?
Your welcome

Trismos

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
I agree , they should make it easier
Where you able to get in ?
Your welcome

No. I can go to my Documents folder and choose an item to view it but when I go to delete it it says "You must grant permission...." and when I tap OK it gives me that darn instructional page again.