Facebook Sound Notifications

Net_Surfer

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
I have two Facebook accounts, one for family and the other for friends and acquaintances. Since updating to Pie I nave notice the notification sounds for both accounts is very low to the point where it is barely audible. All the other apps are ok and the volumes can be adjusted. But Facebook cannot. Has anyone had this issue? If so how did you resolve it?

Net_Surfer

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Facebook cannot be removed as it is now a system app. One can only disable it and update it. Now my custom sound notifications are not there. I will have to work on that but the sound is still the same for Facebook. Very low for both accounts.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Facebook cannot be removed as it is now a system app. One can only disable it and update it. Now my custom sound notifications are not there. I will have to work on that but the sound is still the same for Facebook. Very low for both accounts.

Ok , also try doing one account see what happens

Mtdewangel

Feb 20, 2019
Visit site
I'm having this same issue. The only way I know I have anything on facebook is because it vibrates loud enough to hear. The notification is so low it's ridiculous. :confused: None of my other notifications are effected.

Net_Surfer

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
There was a Facebook update and all the custom sounds and notifications are now showing but the volume is ridiculously low! Just like Mtdewangel it is the only app that is affected.

Net_Surfer

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Very strange. But I will update you if there are any changes. Also Facebook is now an app that is part of the system and cannot be removed. You have to do a force stop and disable it. When you do that and go to the Play Store, it is listed with the button that says update.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Very strange. But I will update you if there are any changes. Also Facebook is now an app that is part of the system and cannot be removed. You have to do a force stop and disable it. When you do that and go to the Play Store, it is listed with the button that says update.

Yeah I'm aware of that which is stupid wasn't like that before. Dam Facebook
Keep us updated if anything you figure out.

Monee_121

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
When the notification comes up, from the shade swipe it only slightly to the side to where you can see the gear icon. Touch that and you will be in the notification settings for Facebook. I found when upgrading to Pie, many of my previously silent notifications on several apps now had sounds. I had to go into each app's notification settings to change them back from urgent with sound to medium with sound. I also had several new notification options, like an option to have a notification for a sent text message. Ugh. Took some time to get them all fixed but now I don't have any random sounds anymore.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
When the notification comes up, from the shade swipe it only slightly to the side to where you can see the gear icon. Touch that and you will be in the notification settings for Facebook. I found when upgrading to Pie, many of my previously silent notifications on several apps now had sounds. I had to go into each app's notification settings to change them back from urgent with sound to medium with sound. I also had several new notification options, like an option to have a notification for a sent text message. Ugh. Took some time to get them all fixed but now I don't have any random sounds anymore.

Ok good tip , hopefully it helps

Last edited:

Net_Surfer

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site

I checked that and all the settings there are ok. The gear is there and it took me straight to the Facebook sound settings and from what I see all is correct. But I still have the same issue where Facebook is the only app where the sound is very low. All other apps are ok.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc