09-03-2019 08:01 AM
44 12
tools
    I have two Facebook accounts, one for family and the other for friends and acquaintances. Since updating to Pie I nave notice the notification sounds for both accounts is very low to the point where it is barely audible. All the other apps are ok and the volumes can be adjusted. But Facebook cannot. Has anyone had this issue? If so how did you resolve it?
    02-19-2019 10:21 AM
    you can try uninstalling and Installing Facebook app see if that helps
    02-19-2019 10:24 AM
    I have tried that but will try it again and thanks!
    02-19-2019 10:55 AM
    I have tried that but will try it again and thanks!
    Your welcome, also pie changed some things so maybe in setting of the app
    02-19-2019 11:20 AM
    Ok and thanks very much. I will let you know what happens!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    02-19-2019 11:32 AM
    Facebook cannot be removed as it is now a system app. One can only disable it and update it. Now my custom sound notifications are not there. I will have to work on that but the sound is still the same for Facebook. Very low for both accounts.
    02-19-2019 12:05 PM
    Facebook cannot be removed as it is now a system app. One can only disable it and update it. Now my custom sound notifications are not there. I will have to work on that but the sound is still the same for Facebook. Very low for both accounts.
    Ok , also try doing one account see what happens
    02-19-2019 12:16 PM
    Same issue.
    02-19-2019 02:36 PM
    Same issue.
    And all your other apps no issue with sound notifications?
    02-19-2019 03:01 PM
    I'm having this same issue. The only way I know I have anything on facebook is because it vibrates loud enough to hear. The notification is so low it's ridiculous. None of my other notifications are effected.
    02-19-2019 07:48 PM
    maybe it's Facebook issue with pie and will get updated
    02-19-2019 08:43 PM
    There was a Facebook update and all the custom sounds and notifications are now showing but the volume is ridiculously low! Just like Mtdewangel it is the only app that is affected.
    Hquinn10 likes this.
    02-20-2019 03:34 PM
    There was a Facebook update and all the custom sounds and notifications are now showing but the volume is ridiculously low! Just like Mtdewangel it is the only app that is affected.
    That's strange ...
    02-20-2019 05:01 PM
    Very strange. But I will update you if there are any changes. Also Facebook is now an app that is part of the system and cannot be removed. You have to do a force stop and disable it. When you do that and go to the Play Store, it is listed with the button that says update.
    02-21-2019 02:32 PM
    Very strange. But I will update you if there are any changes. Also Facebook is now an app that is part of the system and cannot be removed. You have to do a force stop and disable it. When you do that and go to the Play Store, it is listed with the button that says update.
    Yeah I'm aware of that which is stupid wasn't like that before. Dam Facebook
    Keep us updated if anything you figure out.
    02-21-2019 02:39 PM
    When the notification comes up, from the shade swipe it only slightly to the side to where you can see the gear icon. Touch that and you will be in the notification settings for Facebook. I found when upgrading to Pie, many of my previously silent notifications on several apps now had sounds. I had to go into each app's notification settings to change them back from urgent with sound to medium with sound. I also had several new notification options, like an option to have a notification for a sent text message. Ugh. Took some time to get them all fixed but now I don't have any random sounds anymore.
    02-21-2019 03:22 PM
    *medium without sound
    02-21-2019 03:23 PM
    When the notification comes up, from the shade swipe it only slightly to the side to where you can see the gear icon. Touch that and you will be in the notification settings for Facebook. I found when upgrading to Pie, many of my previously silent notifications on several apps now had sounds. I had to go into each app's notification settings to change them back from urgent with sound to medium with sound. I also had several new notification options, like an option to have a notification for a sent text message. Ugh. Took some time to get them all fixed but now I don't have any random sounds anymore.
    Ok good tip , hopefully it helps
    02-21-2019 04:30 PM
    I checked that and all the settings there are ok. The gear is there and it took me straight to the Facebook sound settings and from what I see all is correct. But I still have the same issue where Facebook is the only app where the sound is very low. All other apps are ok.
    Hquinn10 likes this.
    02-22-2019 12:28 PM
    Hmm I don't know then, sorry, hope you figure it out
    02-23-2019 12:16 AM
    Following. I have the same issue on my S10+
    03-18-2019 03:24 PM
    Following
    03-18-2019 03:25 PM
    My issue is still there and it is specific to Facebook only. All the other apps work perfectly. There was a Facebook update and still the same issue.
    03-19-2019 10:26 AM
    I've been having this same exact problem and I'm at my wits end with it. I'm positive it's a Facebook issue. They can't seem to get anything fixed and quite honestly I dont believe they give two s#$ts about the users. I'd love to get away from them and ultimately it's my choice to stay but jeez it's just so frustrating. Any help would be great.
    04-05-2019 10:57 AM
    I've been having the same problem, but I came to this thread because I noticed FB notification volume as the 2nd app to have this problem. My 1st app issue was with UberDriver when I noticed my in-app alert volume was extremely low. In-app settings have the alert volume maxed. When the alerts sound, adjusting the volume via the rocker shows it as "alarm volume" which is maxed out. When I first log in, I get a notification that I am now "online" and that notification is loud. The navigation voice is also loud. It's just the other in-app sounds that are barely audible. Google found me others with the same issue, but no answers. After I noticed FB notifications were also very low, I searched again and found this thread. I'm guessing some apps are having sound compatibility issues with Pie. I think the problem is that it's only playing the sound via the ear speaker and not the speakerphone speaker? Either way - it's not just FB experiencing this. Either the app developers need to figure out how to make it work with Pie, or the Pie developers need an update to make apps work as they did with Oreo. And yes - I checked notification settings in each app, have installed and reinstalled, and have updated both several times since the Pie upgrade.
    Hquinn10 likes this.
    04-07-2019 03:34 PM
44 12