Android pie update and messages app changes

Filly05

Feb 22, 2019
Visit site
OK, not talking about the message+ app but the other text message app that comes on the phone. Looking at my conversations, all I can see is the bubble with the first letter of the person's name. If I long press on the conversation then I can read the name but it's like the background and font color of the name are both white and I see nothing in the settings about changing colors of the app! I tried to switch to the messages+ but I just don't like it, not to mention every single text I've gotten since I got the phone 6 months ago tries to come through and my phone won't stop pinging, then showing I have all these unread messages. Is there a way to change the message app with the new android pie update? I even tried changing themes on the phone to no avail.

Last edited:

Truckrazy

Feb 22, 2019
Visit site
I changed my theme to a few different themes right after the update. It didn't solve the problem.

I have tried literally everything up to 2 different factory data resets. I have don't troubleshooting with Samsung, my service carrier, and had both send service tickets to Google. I am also not receiving texts online and my picture messages are completely not functioning, neither sending nor receiving. I've been using a different app. And my internet connection is a problem with every app. Half of them lag. Ive also been having security problems with my accounts. I have 2 step verification on the accounts that support it and I am daily receiving codes sent to my phone for verification to access these accounts. I've never had this problem. I love my Galaxy. I've had galaxies since the first gen, and have never had issues with firmware until this update. So I feel you on the issues. Hopefully something will work.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I switched back to default and that solved the problem!

Thank you
If you want a different theme than default you will need to find one that's updated. Just look through the pics and you'll see that they're using OneUI and that means they're updated.

dqdude

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I'll check that out...

I'm surprised that neither Samsung nor T-mobile could help with this issue. Their solution was to send it back to Samsung to re-flash it