Hey folks,

My Galaxy S9+ just updated today (2/23/2019) and while I like the new design, there is one thing that I dislike and I haven't figured out how to disable.

When I leave an app running which prevents the screen from turning off (Pokemon Go, workout apps), after a short period of time, a padlock will appear on the screen and dim the phone. To return the phone to normal, I have to swipe the padlock away. I want to disable this feature, but I haven't found any option to do so in settings.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Another quick question: I liked it when my phone would light up and show me notifications before the new update (example: it would say "Steve sent you a snapchat"). Now, my phone just shows an icon when I get a notification and I have to get past the lock screen to see what it is. Anyway to restore this feature?

Thanks in advance!
    02-23-2019 08:49 PM
    I too am not loving the fact that my AOD and lock screen no longer light up and show me my notifications. How can I restore this feature?
    02-24-2019 10:37 AM
    If you're talking about the "edge lighting" you just have to go into the settings and reset it. I selected the apps that I wanted to light up and I even noticed that each one can have its own edge color... the padlock question I'm not sure about, sorry
    02-24-2019 10:49 AM
    For the padlock, change the lock screen timing. (But you can only go to 30 minutes - and anything more than about a minute compromises security).
    02-24-2019 11:38 AM