I used to have the photo shutter button and video record button available on the same screen in the camera. I use it all the time as I switch a lot between photos & videos. Now after the update they're each on a separate 'mode' screen. So if I'm taking photos & want to take a video, I need to swipe to that to record. I surprisingly haven't seen this mentioned in any of the talk about the update!
    02-24-2019 09:34 AM
    Not unless you made an .apk file of the camera app before you updated (or can find a camera app with both on the screen). You can't change the app without having the source code for it (and Android Studio and a good knowledge of programming).
    02-24-2019 11:36 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Some camera apps can toggle between still camera and videocamera by swiping the whole screen to the left or right -- does that work on yours?
    02-24-2019 05:08 PM
    I know it's been a while since this was asked, but I have the same question. Swiping between the camera and video and all the other modes is awful. It was way better before. I'm looking for a way to revert back.
    05-03-2020 11:18 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! If this method of switching came with a Camera app update, then the only way you could revert back would be to find an apk of an older version of the stock Camera app. This would carry some risk, since there'd be no way to be 100% certain the apk didn't carry some malware on whatever website you found it on. Also, once you installed it, the system would probably want to update it constantly, so you'd have to keep declining the update.
    05-03-2020 01:01 PM