My Samsung S9 did a software update last week to the newest Android operating system. I love the way it looks, BUT, I am now constantly pocket dialing people from the messages app. If I lock my phone while still in the app and put my phone in my pocket it will call whoever I was texting.

I also have the setting turned on that's supposed to lock your phone while in a dark pocket. So I'm out of ideas. The only way to prevent this is to always close all apps immediately after using them. Not a huge problem, but very annoying.

Any suggestions? I wish they allowed downgrades.
    03-03-2019 03:05 PM
    03-03-2019 04:51 PM
    My Samsung S9 did a software update last week to the newest Android operating system. I love the way it looks, BUT, I am now constantly pocket dialing people from the messages app. If I lock my phone while still in the app and put my phone in my pocket it will call whoever I was texting.

I also have the setting turned on that's supposed to lock your phone while in a dark pocket. So I'm out of ideas. The only way to prevent this is to always close all apps immediately after using them. Not a huge problem, but very annoying.

Turn this off.
    Attached Thumbnails Software update causing tons of pocket dials-screenshot_20190304-173527_settings.jpg  
    03-04-2019 04:40 PM
    I believe the problem is in a change (through the the recent update) in the Messages app settings, whereby pressing the 'phone' icon at the top of the screen (when in an active conversation) immediately dials the recipient. Previously, this icon merely queued the phone number in the Phone app, and required a second confirmation in order to dial.

I have also experienced a number of pocket dials since the update...not sure what the fix is, since I notice that Google's Messages app does the same thing.
    03-04-2019 05:28 PM
    I had the same issue, remove trusted devices and all smart lock features (you dont need it), go into advance settings, gestures, then turn off lift to wake, double tap to wake, swype to text/call. at least until they get it right
    03-25-2019 02:38 AM

You said "If I lock my phone while still in the app" and so on, let me guess you dont use fingerprint or passcodes?
    03-25-2019 12:31 PM