Sorry if this has already been posted, but I just got the Good Lock update (by Samsung through the Galaxy Apps Store).

One of the best features is I was able to move my clock back over to the right. There's also the option to move it to center if you wanted. By the way, this app does NOT require root. Another feature is I was able to set the volume keys to adjust media volume as default instead of ringer volume. Personally, I never want/need to adjust the ringer volume, as I keep it as low as possible.

However, when playing a new video, I often will have to keep my finger over the speaker and another on the volume just before I hit the play button on videos, to prepare for potential blast of volume. Otherwise, I have to take several steps to adjust prior to playing a new video.

There's a ton of other customization options. Just make sure you are installing the Good Lock app made by Samsung and it's only available through the Galaxy Apps, not the Play Store.
    SpookDroid, Guatiao and libra89 like this.
    03-07-2019 04:58 AM
    Good news for you.
    Not for me.
    Good lock does not show up on my Galaxy Store.
    I think it is a regional limitation.
    03-07-2019 09:14 AM
    Good news for you.
    Not for me.
    Hmm.... Here's the link:

http://apps.samsung.com/appquery/app...droid.goodlock
    03-07-2019 09:41 AM
    Thanks, this is awesome! I ended up installing all the sub-apps.

I love how you can keep both windows active in multi-window now.

I was also missing ClockFace since upgrading to Pie.

I also set WiFi to turn off when the signal drops below 25% (only at work and not at home--awesome!)
    mlblack16 likes this.
    03-07-2019 10:27 AM
    you didn't need an app for the volume buttons to control the media, settings-sound and vibration-turn on use volume keys for media. been there for as long as i can remember
    03-07-2019 08:01 PM
    you didn't need an app for the volume buttons to control the media, settings-sound and vibration-turn on use volume keys for media. been there for as long as i can remember
    Yes, you do need an app to make the default volume control set to media at all times. Whenever a media source is actively playing, media volume will be the one being adjusted, otherwise, when no media is playing, you hit volume up/down and it is going to adjust the ringtone volume.

I've never seen a setting which keeps the volume keys set to adjust media volume, even when no apps are open and you're at the home screen. Perhaps a custom launcher would do that, but I've used Nova Prime for years and not aware Tesla Coil offered developed that option.
    03-08-2019 06:50 PM
    Yes, you do need an app to make the default volume control set to media at all times. Whenever a media source is actively playing, media volume will be the one being adjusted, otherwise, when no media is playing, you hit volume up/down and it is going to adjust the ringtone volume.

I've never seen a setting which keeps the volume keys set to adjust media volume, even when no apps are open and you're at the home screen. Perhaps a custom launcher would do that, but I've used Nova Prime for years and not aware Tesla Coil offered developed that option.
    Um... no.

Not every device does this but Samsung has had a setting that makes the volume buttons always default to media volume no matter what for a while now.

On my S9 now on Pie...

Settings > Sounds and Vibration > Use Volume Keys for Media > on/off switch. Turn it on and any time you press the volume keys it will adjust the media volume whether you're playing anything or not. My previous S8 had this since I got it with Nougat.
    03-08-2019 07:09 PM
    Mine also has had that setting with no extra app required. Not sure why you didn't come across it.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    03-09-2019 12:51 AM
    Hmm.... Here's the link:

You will be taken to Galaxy Store.
    Good Lock update - finally!-screenshot_20190309-160611_galaxy-store.jpg
    03-09-2019 08:08 AM
    Um... no.

Not every device does this but Samsung has had a setting that makes the volume buttons always default to media volume no matter what for a while now.

On my S9 now on Pie...

Settings > Sounds and Vibration > Use Volume Keys for Media > on/off switch. Turn it on and any time you press the volume keys it will adjust the media volume whether you're playing anything or not. My previous S8 had this since I got it with Nougat.
    I swear I never noticed that setting, but you are correct Sir, my mistake.

Otherwise, there are numerous settings this app can do which will require an app, whether this one or not. Use it if you like or not, I'm just sharing because not everyone knows about it, and I am still stoked about moving the clock back over to the right.
    03-09-2019 09:28 AM
    I swear I never noticed that setting, but you are correct Sir, my mistake.

Otherwise, there are numerous settings this app can do which will require an app, whether this one or not. Use it if you like or not, I'm just sharing because not everyone knows about it, and I am still stoked about moving the clock back over to the right.
    To be fair, it is a bit wordy, and awkwardly worded at that. Took me a second to look at it say, is that really saying what I think it is? Had to read the small text description under it to know for sure.

BlackBerry has always had such a setting. Simply saying "Always Adjust Media Volume" and an on/off switch.

But, again, not everyone does this. I don't know who else besides Samsung does. It's not a standard android feature so an app would be needed in the other cases.
    03-09-2019 10:22 AM
    Good news for you.
    Not for me.
    It's not available in my country but I got it.

1. Clear Galaxy App Store data
    2. Turn off phone and remove SIM.
    3. Turn on phone without SIM.
    4. Connect to WiFi and use a VPN set to a country where GoodLock is available. I used Windscribe Free Version and the Dallas server.
    5. Go to Galaxy App Store, search and download GoodLock and all the modules.
    6. Once everything is installed, you can now return your SIM and everything works perfect.

Been doing this since last year's GoodLock 2018 which wasn't available for my country either.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    03-10-2019 05:32 PM
    Is the ability to change the app switch view included with this update?

EDIT: Whoo Hoo! Yes it does.
    03-10-2019 09:07 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190309-160611_Galaxy Store.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	299529
    You can try the method chanchan posted or, if you can't get that to work, try this:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...r-pie-t3908650

It's a launcher that will enable you to use all the separate apps that are loaded into Good Lock. It looks like the individual apps should be available in the Galaxy App Store.
    03-10-2019 09:15 PM
    You can try the method chanchan posted or, if you can't get that to work, try this:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...r-pie-t3908650

It's a launcher that will enable you to use all the separate apps that are loaded into Good Lock. It looks like the individual apps should be available in the Galaxy App Store.

just wait few days you will get Update then chk again
    03-11-2019 01:31 AM