Moisture detected!!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I got the handset 6 months ago, within a week I started getting the 'moisture detected ' warning. Nothing would get rid of it, so I bought a wireless charger so I could charge it enough to back up my files. The wireless charger wouldn't work through my otterbox, so I removed it to charge and as soon as I did, it fell on the floor, chipped the screen and voided the warranty (typical). So I used the wireless charger until the software update in mid February. As soon as I updated the phone, the charging port started to work again, until yesterday. Yesterday I used a friends charger, it charged for a few seconds then stopped. I restarted the phone and 'moisture detected' was back.. anyone have any ideas? Its obviously a software issue! Can I "reupdate " the phone? I've tried everything I can think of Its driving me nuts

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Was it new or used? If it was ever under warranty, it would've been ideal to contact the manufacturer when you started having the problem, but I guess that ship has sailed.:'(

It isn't necessarily a software issue. I would suspect some problem with the charge port itself. If you've never done so, make sure the port is clean -- use a can of compressed air to blow it out, and a small cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol to clean the contacts. If the problem persists, you may have to bring it to a repair shop and see if the port needs to be replaced.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I see similar reports on other Samsung phones and a common solution was to go to your app manager, select to show system apps, then look for the USB app (I don't remember the exact name of it off hand). Select that and clear the app cache or data, which cleared the bug.

Worth a shot and shouldn't harm anything. This was the only thing that worked on my wife's S7 when I was looking for solutions for that same problem.

Bigwig1980

Mar 8, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I've tried that(clean contacts, clear cache) problem with repair is because the screen is chipped, it will need to be replaced along with the port, which is very expensive.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I've tried that(clean contacts, clear cache) problem with repair is because the screen is chipped, it will need to be replaced along with the port, which is very expensive.

Did you just clear the cache, or did you also try clearing the app data?

Bigwig1980

Mar 8, 2019
Visit site
I've tried both! The other strange thing is when the phone is powered off, it doesn't show moisture detected, it goes to the initial charging screen, then just stops and wont turn on until the charger is removed

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The moisture detected notice won't show when it's powered off because, well, it's powered off. It's an app controlling that notice.

I'm sorry I don't have any additional suggestions than what's already been said. Hopefully you can get it taken care of without too much hassle or expense.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma