The recent "update" really slowed down the ability to cruise through the phone. From photos, to emails, to changing frequently used characters on the keyboard to character that are hardly ever used.....I need to use commas more than I need a friggin' apostrophe. Ugh. Plus the accuracy is really suffering now. I would guesstimate I now mess up 75% of the words I type. So up till this point of the post' I have had to backspace nearly 100 times. Not exaggerating.
    The camera interface has gone way downhill. I use the camera A LOT. So that hurt deep.
    Battery runtime is down significantly. I'm actually typing this while plugged into the wall. Normally I can listen/watch U-tube vids from like 6 or 7 pm till I pass out around 11-12 at night.

Anyway' for now I want to tackle the annoying update that causes recently used apps to close. Like if I have the calculator app open before I go to work I would like it to atill bw open when I go on break' or lunch' or leave work. It seems like the apps stay open about an hour or two after not using them before they close. Same with camera' calendsr' messaging' social media' and internet. Basically evrything.

I use my phone less and less the past two weeks. Frustration grows when trying to cruise through things I normally would be doing.

Super long rant just to ask' How to PREVENT RECENT APPS FROM CLOSING AUTOMATICALLY?
    03-07-2019 10:00 PM
    when you say that the apps are closing automatically do you mean they disappear from the recent menu?
    03-08-2019 03:55 PM
    Sounds like you need to do a factory reset. It's a pain but will solve your problems.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    03-08-2019 05:45 PM
    The recent "update" really slowed down the ability to cruise through the phone. From photos, to emails, to changing frequently used characters on the keyboard to character that are hardly ever used.....I need to use commas more than I need a friggin' apostrophe. Ugh. Plus the accuracy is really suffering now. I would guesstimate I now mess up 75% of the words I type. So up till this point of the post' I have had to backspace nearly 100 times. Not exaggerating.
    The camera interface has gone way downhill. I use the camera A LOT. So that hurt deep.
    Battery runtime is down significantly. I'm actually typing this while plugged into the wall. Normally I can listen/watch U-tube vids from like 6 or 7 pm till I pass out around 11-12 at night.

Anyway' for now I want to tackle the annoying update that causes recently used apps to close. Like if I have the calculator app open before I go to work I would like it to atill bw open when I go on break' or lunch' or leave work. It seems like the apps stay open about an hour or two after not using them before they close. Same with camera' calendsr' messaging' social media' and internet. Basically evrything.

I use my phone less and less the past two weeks. Frustration grows when trying to cruise through things I normally would be doing.

Super long rant just to ask' How to PREVENT RECENT APPS FROM CLOSING AUTOMATICALLY?
    This might be an app setting. Some apps are set to go to sleep automatically to optimize battery. You need to choose the apps you want to stay awake under the menus. Go to settings, apps, 3 dot menu, special access, optimize battery usage. Once there click the apps you want optimized and unclick the ones you don't.
    Attached Thumbnails Need tips after the Feb. downgrade.-23606.jpg  
    03-12-2019 08:34 PM