Why does my Samsung S9 requires an update every single day even though auto updates are off and update only via wifi is off? The phone was updated fully and still asks for an update
    03-13-2019 02:10 PM
    App update or system update. (Please register an account here so you can answer in this thread. Guests can't post to existing threads.)
    03-13-2019 03:52 PM
    I have a Galaxy S9+ and apps will update at any time, even though "Auto Update" is turned off, "download on WiFi only" is set and WiFi is off. I have to use a third party disabler to disable the play store. It is the only workable solution. Many paid apps won't run because they can't check the license. I enable the Play Store, run the paid app and once it's running I disable the play store again. Google is blaming Samsung, even though the problem is known on other brands, including LG and even on the Pixel. They don't care. They keep saying it's Samsung. Someone at ZDNet confirmed the problem but they won't do anything about it. I wanted them to report it on their publication but I think they're afraid of Google. The Google rep hung up on me, so they're not going to fix it. And supposedly this is illegal in Europe. I don't know about the U.S. The problem is even seen in Australia.
    03-29-2019 10:23 AM