Whenever I get a notification it is not showing me any information on it, just the app it is from. For example, if I get a text message or a missed call it just comes up saying message, missed call etc, with no information such as who it is from or a preview of the message. It's the same with everything, Facebook, games, system notifications. Cant seem to find anything in settings and had a quick Google and cant find any one with the same issue. The issue is system wide and not just on the lock screen so the lock screen settings don't help. Any ideas?
    03-19-2019 03:45 AM
    Whenever I get a notification it is not showing me any information on it, just the app it is from. For example, if I get a text message or a missed call it just comes up saying message, missed call etc, with no information such as who it is from or a preview of the message. It's the same with everything, Facebook, games, system notifications. Cant seem to find anything in settings and had a quick Google and cant find any one with the same issue. The issue is system wide and not just on the lock screen so the lock screen settings don't help. Any ideas?
    Go to settings>>>lock screen>>>notifications>>>tap onto the notifications. This will open another screen where you can control how your notifications are shown. Tap on "view style" and there you have the options for...Detailed or Icons only or Brief. I have mine set to "Detailed". You can also set the transparency for your notifications.
    03-19-2019 05:54 AM
    Go to settings>>>lock screen>>>notifications>>>tap onto the notifications. This will open another screen where you can control how your notifications are shown. Tap on "view style" and there you have the options for...Detailed or Icons only or Brief. I have mine set to "Detailed". You can also set the transparency for your notifications.
    Hi this is only for the lock screen, my issue is system wide. Thanks
    03-19-2019 06:13 AM
    Hi there. Did you find a solution? In having the same problem
    04-16-2019 10:18 PM
    You mean also in the notification on the drop down bar? Do you have a theme? Could simply be the theme was not updated to Pie and isn't changing text colors correctly.
    pontiac005 likes this.
    04-17-2019 12:18 AM