Filming horizontal Facebook Lives with an S9?

The67Impala

Mar 21, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

Let me start off by saying I know nothing about Androids, nor am I an Android user. So this might be a very stupid question. You were warned :

While testing the setup for a Facebook Live we're doing later on, I realised my iPhone (insert crowd gasp here lol) was the only one that was capable of filming the Live horizontally. Upon further digging, I found that with all the devices I tested, iPhones 6 and older can't do it either.

But now I'm still trying to wrap my head around why this issue would be happening with my coworker's Galaxy S9, running the latest version of Pie, a phone that's a year old. We found an article with some troubleshooting. There's supposedly a recurring issue regarding auto-rotating (see article here). Nothing has fixed it. All my coworker's other websites and horizontal functions work properly, Facebook seems to be the only one affected.

Does Facebook just not allow horizontal lives with Androids? Hoping someone out there will have an answer, because I'm going mad trying to figure it out!

krisqz

May 7, 2013
Visit site
This is what I would try. Turn off auto-rotate and check if rotate button shows up near the nav bar when you hold the phone horizontally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles