Hello. I am trying to convert from Apple to Android, but I am having some issues. I have a Galaxy S9+ and I did a factory reset as soon as I got it. The main problem I am having is that my screen comes on while charging during the night. Some nights it comes on just once, sometimes it does it 3-4 times. Obviously this is a problem as it keeps me awake at night.

I will try to describe my settings and also what I have already tried to fix it. I have the always on display turned off. I have it set to "do not disturb" during the night. I am using a wireless charging pad. I am not using any kind of case or anything. I have yet to determine why the screen is actually coming on. It is not from a message or normal alert since it happens even when I have no notifications. My best guess is that it is informing me when it is finished charging.

So far I have tried turning the "stay awake" option in the developers options screen. I may have tried other things, but I cannot remember for sure.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know. If I am unable to figure this out I may have to go back to the Iphone

Thanks!
    04-07-2019 03:23 PM
    Stop using wireless charging and just plug it in. It is known problem with wireless charging. If you must use wireless charging then make sure fast change is turned off and the screen will not come on as much. But I would just plug phone in directly & not wireless
    04-07-2019 08:16 PM
    blackops1125 is correct this is a known issue and wired charging seems to have help some with this issue. In the link below there is a discussion at Samsung forums about this in the S9 threads. While it says "solved" the solution offered by Samsung was how to keep the phone awake but on the last page of the thread there are at least 2 suggestions you might try, along with joining the thread to keep up on any solution that may arise if either of the suggestions don't work for you.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/.../290137/page/5
    04-07-2019 10:13 PM
    This happened to me when I used an aftermarket wireless charger, when using the official Samsung one I have no problems
    pontiac005 likes this.
    04-16-2019 11:38 AM
    You can always turn off your phone.
    04-16-2019 11:50 AM