I have an S9 and sync manually via usb with my desktop Outlook. Ever since the Pie update, my sync encounters an error. I have been unable to find a solution, and my local T-Mobile team has been unable to fix this issue. Their recommendation was to back-up my phone and perform a factory reset. I backed it up on my laptop and to the Samsung Cloud - both back-ups failed. I performed the factory reset anyway (risky). Syncing to my Outlook still fails.

Is anyone else having this issue?
    If so, has anyone found the issue or solution?
    If not, can someone recommend a way for me to get all of my Outlook information (calendar and contacts) back on to my phone?
    I would like to continue to use the stock calendar and contacts apps.
    (Reminder: it is the desktop version)
    04-19-2019 09:25 AM
    Outlook is up to Microsoft, and they're not about to put themselves out to make Android look good. Android improves, Outlook doesn't (for a while, at least), and the user is stuck.

Try using GMail as your email app. (If you need Exchange calendar too, try linking it at Google Calendar. Exchange appointments ... you're on your own to find an app you like.) One used to have to use Outlook for hotmail or any other Exchange email server, but no ore. GMail can handle Exchange (at least, as far as email is concerned).
    04-19-2019 01:42 PM
    Outlook is up to Microsoft, and they're not about to put themselves out to make Android look good. Android improves, Outlook doesn't (for a while, at least), and the user is stuck.

Try using GMail as your email app. (If you need Exchange calendar too, try linking it at Google Calendar. Exchange appointments ... you're on your own to find an app you like.) One used to have to use Outlook for hotmail or any other Exchange email server, but no ore. GMail can handle Exchange (at least, as far as email is concerned).
    Exchange syncs directly with Samsung calendars fine via web. Outlook tasks actually appear natively on my S9's calendar. And Microsoft has been all in on their Android products ever since they scrapped Windows Phone. They even recommended Android as the platform where Windows Phone users should transfer to. Installing Microsoft apps on Android is actually going towards getting a seamless Windows to Android experience now, with Windows Timeline working on Microsoft Launcher allowing you to pick up exactly where you left off from your PC in terms of what you were doing on your browser, Office, etc, Your Phone app allowing you to see your messages and your phone gallery on the PC, etc.

The question here is what is the OP using to sync via USB. Natively Android does not sync to Outlook via USB, and even Samsung has to provide a program via SmartSwitch for PC to sync to it. Then you also have to ask what Outlook version is the OP using. Is it Office 365? Because if it's an older version, it may not have been updated for Pie compatibility, and Office 365 is the one that regularly gets these updates and patches.
    04-19-2019 07:39 PM