I just got a s9 plus. I'm curious for people who had this phone for a year now, how has the s9 plus been holding up?
    And how has the battery life been holding up?
    04-19-2019 11:45 AM
    I pre-ordered mine. it's still great!
    ckfilmstar likes this.
    04-19-2019 01:59 PM
    That's good to know
    04-19-2019 03:09 PM
    I just got a s9 plus. I'm curious for people who had this phone for a year now, how has the s9 plus been holding up?
    And how has the battery life been holding up?
    I had mine since preorder and is same fast and smoothness as day 1 , battery been great also.
    ckfilmstar likes this.
    04-19-2019 03:28 PM
    Same here. Preordered my s9+ and still working great. Battery life got a bit better after the Pie update so happy as a bunny.
    ckfilmstar likes this.
    04-19-2019 04:22 PM
    Do u guys watch a lot of videos or play music, podcast etc. on your phone?

I had my axon 7 for about 3yrs. And about 3 months ago, the battery went to crap really quickly. If I don't have on the charger constantly, the phone will turn off.

I watched a lot of YouTube videos while in bed or at work and I would play music while driving.

I think doing that it really killed the battery on my axon 7.

That's why I'm hesitant using my s9 for watching videos or listening to music on YouTube while driving etc.

But my aunt has a note 7 and she abuses that phone lol. Listens to podcast, music, her kids watched music videos etc.
    And she said the battery is still good. But the note 7 is about only 2 to 3yrs old.
    04-19-2019 04:52 PM
    Enjoy your phone, and use it. That's what they are for.
    ckfilmstar likes this.
    04-19-2019 05:13 PM
    Pre ordered the regular s9. Have had no issues at all.
    04-19-2019 07:18 PM
    Do u guys watch a lot of videos or play music, podcast etc. on your phone?

I had my axon 7 for about 3yrs. And about 3 months ago, the battery went to crap really quickly. If I don't have on the charger constantly, the phone will turn off.

I watched a lot of YouTube videos while in bed or at work and I would play music while driving.

I think doing that it really killed the battery on my axon 7.

That's why I'm hesitant using my s9 for watching videos or listening to music on YouTube while driving etc.

But my aunt has a note 7 and she abuses that phone lol. Listens to podcast, music, her kids watched music videos etc.
    And she said the battery is still good. But the note 7 is about only 2 to 3yrs old.
    That's pretty normal for ANY battery. It should start turning crap by 2 years. Battery longevity is determined by how often you charge it (number of charge cycles). Just get the battery replaced and it will be fine again.
    Heck I use my ancient Tab 4 7.0 for watching Netflix, Youtube, reading ebooks, movies I've downloaded, and it's still going strong for the 5th year in a row. I could leave it alone and it will have a standby time of 2 days. So I kind of trust Samsung to have durable batteries. But that also depends on what you expose it to. Higher heat exposure for example tends to create gas in batteries leading to expansion.
    ckfilmstar likes this.
    04-19-2019 07:33 PM
    That's pretty normal for ANY battery. It should start turning crap by 2 years. Battery longevity is determined by how often you charge it (number of charge cycles). Just get the battery replaced and it will be fine again.
    Heck I use my ancient Tab 4 7.0 for watching Netflix, Youtube, reading ebooks, movies I've downloaded, and it's still going strong for the 5th year in a row. I could leave it alone and it will have a standby time of 2 days. So I kind of trust Samsung to have durable batteries. But that also depends on what you expose it to. Higher heat exposure for example tends to create gas in batteries leading to expansion.
    I c.thanks for the info.

I remember my axon 7 getting pretty hot at times. That probably didn't help the battery longevity. And I didn't realize about the amount of charge cycles.
    04-19-2019 09:18 PM
    I've had my S9+ for over a year now. Still working great and battery life is good.
    04-20-2019 07:24 PM