RCS Chat messaging?????

Kasper610

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
So, T-mobile is "supposed" to have already rolled out this feature. Android messages says it also supports the RCS features in it's app info, but I don't and never have seen any of the "RCS" features work at all. Still can't send large high quality video or picture files on the android messages app or the samsung messaging app. Does anyone have this "RCS" feature?

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen tmobile compatible with Android messages RCS.

Tmobile Samsung and LG stock messaging apps do have RCS working

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So, T-mobile is "supposed" to have already rolled out this feature. Android messages says it also supports the RCS features in it's app info, but I don't and never have seen any of the "RCS" features work at all. Still can't send large high quality video or picture files on the android messages app or the samsung messaging app. Does anyone have this "RCS" feature?
You should see RCS read receipt with other Samsung devices that have RCS or some lg that has that also, android messages you wont or iPhone users

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
My kids are on T-mobile with the Oneplus 6T and all 3 have RCS using Android messages. There is a "Chat" setting that has to be turned on inside Google messages.

This link list the supported devices and has a little additional information that might be helpful.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-37789

Last edited:

Kasper610

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Me and my wife both have galaxy S9 phones, and I still cant send her videos without them looking like absolute garbage, and all chat settings are turned on. I must be missing something.

Kasper610

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I can't even send a "GIF" that's too large of a file without it looking like trash. And that's on the Samsung messaging app, which sucks. Yet everything I read tells me I have "RCS". As far as I could tell, nothing has changed.

Kasper610

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
We both have galaxy phones, and both use android messages, but we don't have any "RCS" features working. And when you call T-mobile, they say they don't know if that rollout is still on "Hold" or I should have it. All my settings are turned on, I got nothing!

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Connert, My android messages app doesn't even have a "CHAT" option in settings.
I did read something about T-mobile putting the feature on hold.

I'll check with me kids today and see if they still have it. We were playing around/testing chat a few weeks ago on their phones. It was working back then but I do remember reading about issues and T-mobile stopping the roll-out.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have to back up and say the default message app on the Oneplus 6T is what my kids are using. I just thought it was Android messenger, it is not.

I did check the app, it still has the chat option and is working between them on T-mobile.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
T-mobile has rcs but they're using their own proprietary services for it so it only works between T-mobile rcs enabled Android phones with their stock messaging app..

Kasper610

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
But I have tried sending large files between 2 galaxy phones with the samsung messaging app, and it doesn't work. Still looks like crap, and some "GIF's" also still break up into some number code rather than the actual pic. If this is RCS enabled features, then this really sucks. Thats why I'd rather use "Android messages" then the stock app. I was expecting more of a "Whatsapp" or "Messanger" type experience. This isn't even close. They keep saying "RCS" will be more like "Imessage" for android, LOL!!!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
But I have tried sending large files between 2 galaxy phones with the samsung messaging app, and it doesn't work. Still looks like crap, and some "GIF's" also still break up into some number code rather than the actual pic. If this is RCS enabled features, then this really sucks. Thats why I'd rather use "Android messages" then the stock app. I was expecting more of a "Whatsapp" or "Messanger" type experience. This isn't even close. They keep saying "RCS" will be more like "Imessage" for android, LOL!!!

Doesn't sound like RCS is available for your devices.

Kasper610

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
But T-mobile says it is, or it's on hold? That's what I mean, I don't know if it is or not. We have a S9 and S9 plus. RCS was supposed to be available after one UI update, but as far as I could tell, we got nothing. That was the point of my post, just trying to see if anyone else has it or not.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

Is your wifi calling on?

I have the Note 8, LG V40 and my wife has the S8+. When I use either of my phones, I am able to "Chat" w/her and send hi res pictures and see the typing status via the stock (LG or Samsung) messaging app. She is able to do the same. Both on T-Mobile

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Is your wifi calling on?

I have the Note 8, LG V40 and my wife has the S8+. When I use either of my phones, I am able to "Chat" w/her and send hi res pictures and see the typing status via the stock (LG or Samsung) messaging app. She is able to do the same. Both on T-Mobile
That's the thing though. "both on T-mobile" in most peoples cases, they message some or many people on separate carriers. As of yet T-mobile is making it only from tmo phone to tmo phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psaturn