Galaxy S9+ running Android 9.0

I live in an area with spotty cell reception, and have just accepted the fact that I won't always have a signal. I am not looking for a way to make sure my phone is always connected to the mobile network, that just won't happen where I am.

But since the 9.0 update, any time my phone loses connection (to the mobile network, not WiFi), I get an annoying popup asking me if I want to search for a mobile network, with "OK" and "Cancel" being the only options. It also pops a notification up at the top of the screen.

It shows up over top of everything, if I'm typing it's in the middle of the keyboard. If I'm watching a video, it blocks the video.

Sometimes it is so bad that I turn on airplane mode just to get rid of it. I have accepted the fact that I will always have spotty coverage at home, but this is incredibly frustrating.

Is there any way to disable it? Would switching launchers do the trick, or is it a deeper setting?
    katobean likes this.
    05-01-2019 08:16 AM
    I also live in a poor reception area and would love to know how to disable this very annoying popup!!
    06-02-2019 01:31 PM
    Go to settings and Open General Management. Hit the reset button and then click reset network settings. That will fix whatever corupt settings may have occured.
    09-11-2019 09:57 PM