Any way to disable search for available network popup?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Galaxy S9+ running Android 9.0

I live in an area with spotty cell reception, and have just accepted the fact that I won't always have a signal. I am not looking for a way to make sure my phone is always connected to the mobile network, that just won't happen where I am.

But since the 9.0 update, any time my phone loses connection (to the mobile network, not WiFi), I get an annoying popup asking me if I want to search for a mobile network, with "OK" and "Cancel" being the only options. It also pops a notification up at the top of the screen.

It shows up over top of everything, if I'm typing it's in the middle of the keyboard. If I'm watching a video, it blocks the video.

Sometimes it is so bad that I turn on airplane mode just to get rid of it. I have accepted the fact that I will always have spotty coverage at home, but this is incredibly frustrating.

Is there any way to disable it? Would switching launchers do the trick, or is it a deeper setting?

David Calhoun

Sep 12, 2019
Visit site
Fixed

Go to settings and Open General Management. Hit the reset button and then click reset network settings. That will fix whatever corupt settings may have occured.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome