I took off my S9's case to wipe off some dust that might of accumulated in my phone, and I noticed that around camera lens area, there are some sort of fiber looking dust in which I cannot seem to wipe off even with a micro-fiber cloth. My case is a Spigen as shown from the link page below, but I though these cases were supposed to prevent dust from entering the phone. See my image posting, looks horrible.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spigen-Flex...cUvbUpU6541382

Does anyone have the same case? If so, can you just pull off the case and check if it has the same dust looking materials around the edge of the camera lens?

I wear jeans a lot, so maybe the fabric from the jeans that is settling around the camera lens.

UPDATE >> I took a cotton swab and then rubbed it really good and now looks much better and the fibers came off.

I would think that the fabric from my jean pocket enters that area of the phone. But the case should prevent this from happening.
    Attached Thumbnails Fiber particles on camera lens?-img_0052.jpg  
    05-05-2019 01:06 PM
    The fibers are small and light enough that electrostatic charge has a much greater effect on them than gravity does, and they're smaller than some of the spaces in the case, so they\ll get in there. (Each "fiber" is probably made of a dozen or more tiny little threads.)
    05-05-2019 01:37 PM
    I took a cotton swab and damped it with a little bit of water and rubbed it on the area as shown from the image and then took a dry cloth to do a final wipe down and now there is not one spec of fiber.
    pontiac005 likes this.
    05-05-2019 01:57 PM