On my S9+ in order to have the Outlook icon show a notification number, I need to have the 'Show notifications' option on, in Notification settings.

Anyone else have this issue?

If that option is NOT on, the Outlook icon will not show I have a notification. Oddly, this setting is not required for other apps.

Weird...
    05-24-2019 12:54 PM
    The number isn't the number of unread messages, it's the number of notifications, so it kind of makes sense that if the app isn't shoeing notifications, you aren't getting numbers. (You can always use Nova Launcher with TeslaUnread for Nova Launcher to show actual counts from the apps.)
    ivanwi11iams likes this.
    05-24-2019 01:26 PM
    The number isn't the number of unread messages, it's the number of notifications, so it kind of makes sense that if the app isn't shoeing notifications, you aren't getting numbers. (You can always use Nova Launcher with TeslaUnread for Nova Launcher to show actual counts from the apps.)
    Currently, Tesla Unread isn't working with Pie. Thanks
    05-24-2019 01:29 PM
    And, what's weird is other apps do not require that option to be 'on'.
    05-24-2019 01:31 PM
    Anyone else have opinions on this?

I do not want the notifications of emails in Outlook. HOWEVER, I do want the icon to show that I have notifications.

Does that make sense?

Currently, it seems I have to turn on 'show notifications', in settings, for that to work. But, then I receive Outlook popup notifications. I do not want that. The Outlook app is my work email; no need to see the notifications popup, considering I am often in front of my PC).

Clear as mud? - LOL
    05-27-2019 11:49 AM
    Should be able to get the app icon badges by turning on the main "Show Notifications" and the "app icon badges" radios, and turning off the others (red x's OFF, circled ones ON)

Outlook icon notiifcation-outlooknotifications.jpg
    ivanwi11iams likes this.
    05-28-2019 08:19 AM
    Should be able to get the app icon badges by turning on the main "Show Notifications" and the "app icon badges" radios, and turning off the others (red x's OFF, circled ones ON)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OutlookNotifications.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	303755
    Thanks.

Oddly, I have that EXACT setup, and still no icon notifications for Outlook. Weird.

PS: I am on Pie OS. My screen looks similar to yours. However, after Show notifications, I have “Other”, then Downloads and In-app Support...
    05-28-2019 05:07 PM
    Anyone else with any ideas?

To add, I'm using the Outlook app, with a work email account that is on Office 365...
    05-29-2019 12:30 PM
    Further update:

If I use the Samsung launcher, I still do not get an icon notification for Outlook.
    This is just bloody weird.

So, no notification with Samsung launcher or Nova Prime launcher.
    Yet, other applications work as expected. Again, with the Notification settings for the Outlook app, if I choose 'Show Notifications', it then works. Why?

Outlook icon notiifcation-capture.png
    05-29-2019 08:14 PM
    Well it kind of makes sense to have show notifications enabled for the notifications to show...
    ivanwi11iams likes this.
    05-31-2019 04:18 PM
    Yes, if I want the notification/content to show.
    BUT, if I merely want the icon to have a 'notification/number' on it, then no.

On my iOS, this is not an issue.

On my S9+, all the other apps with 'App icon badges' on, and 'All notifications' off, work just fine, i.e. showing only the icon number and no popup notification of the app.

Maybe I am simply overthinking this...

Well it kind of makes sense to have show notifications enabled for the notifications to show...
    05-31-2019 04:22 PM