Samsung S9 apps keep closing after 2 seconds!

Sara66

Apr 28, 2019
Visit site
hi,

I have a Samsung S9 and recently had someone put their phone on top of mine.
After that my phone seemed scrambled or something. Apps keep closing merely 1 second after opening, sometimes 2 seconds.
It is on every app that I open at that point.
I have seen several solutions in forums, like updating apps and starting in recovery mode and clearing cache and rebooting. Nothing helps.
What can I do to solve this? And does anyone know if the phone is permanently damaged?

thanks for all suggestions,
Sara

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a screen protector on? If so, try taking it off and see if the problem persists.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's worth seeing what happens if you take the screen protector off (although depending on the protector, it might not stick back on very well). Screen protectors can sometimes cause touchscreen issues (both ways -- less sensitive to touch or hypersensitive "phantom touches"). Perhaps the phone is having phantom touches in the Home or Back button area.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I agree -- time to reset. Make sure you back up all of your important data first.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little surprised no one suggested wrong the partition cache before going the whole nine yards to a full factory reset. I'm still trying to think how, if at all, the two phones may have affected each other.

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm a little surprised no one suggested wrong the partition cache before going the whole nine yards to a full factory reset. I'm still trying to think how, if at all, the two phones may have affected each other.

I was also thinking about how the one phone on top of the other may have effected the phone. From what I understand the Galaxy S10 can place one phone on top of another (and I'm assuming they both have to S10 phones) to charge a phone that is low on battery.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

The OP mentioned in the original question "starting in recovery mode and clearing cache and rebooting." I briefly considered asking if she meant only clearing app caches, but since Recovery Mode was mentioned, I assumed this meant the system cache partition.

krisqz

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Are the apps actually closing or the behavior is similar to pressing Home button? Have you tried to disable hardware Home button? Or try lower sensitivity of its hard press? Maybe it's broken.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but that sounded like the app caches not a partition wipe...
The OP mentioned in the original question "starting in recovery mode and clearing cache and rebooting." I briefly considered asking if she meant only clearing app caches, but since Recovery Mode was mentioned, I assumed this meant the system cache partition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech