Do Not Disturb does NOT work

Abbers727

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
This issue started for me, about 2-3 weeks ago.

I've been on the April 1st 2019 security patch for 2 months (I check every day for a security patch software update and nothing.)

I've restarted the phone, I've cleared the cache partition, I've done a factory reset.

I've talked to Samsung agents. They want me to take my phone to get evaluated but that would void warranty and not worth the money when I'm sure they'll tell me that it's a firmware issue.

What happens is... I'll put the Do Not disturb on and then I still get e-mail notification sounds, text message sounds, Facebook messenger sounds when it shouldn't.

I liked using this feature when I was sleeping or at work and needed my phone to be silent... or if I was somewhere where I needed the sound off. :/

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Sure. If it'll help with this issue! :D
Ok I will leave these steps
1. Download Odin 3.13
2. Download correct files for your model number and when you download the files to your computer you'll need to extract the files , after it will be 4 files you'll need.
Open Odin
4 slots you'll need to put the corresponding files
Bl in BL
Ap in AP
Cp in CP
CSC in CSC
THEN HIT START
but make sure you power your device off hook up to the computer before device starts you hold volume down,bixby,power button same time until download mode shows and it will prompt hit volume up then hit start

Abbers727

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Ok I will leave these steps
1. Download Odin 3.13
2. Download correct files for your model number and when you download the files to your computer you'll need to extract the files , after it will be 4 files you'll need.
Open Odin
4 slots you'll need to put the corresponding files
Bl in BL
Ap in AP
Cp in CP
CSC in CSC
THEN HIT START
but make sure you power your device off hook up to the computer before device starts you hold volume down,bixby,power button same time until download mode shows and it will prompt hit volume up then hit start

How will I know that I'm downloading the correct files for my model number?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Before you do this , go over one more time your settings in DND

Also in settings type in search bar do not disturb and tap do not disturb permission and check those settings and also digital well being

Abbers727

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
These are screenshots of how my 'Do Not Disturb permissions' look like. Is there ones I should be turning on to give permission?

Screenshot_20190626-215455_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20190626-215459_Settings.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Pretty much how mine was set up. Except I had media as a allowed exception. I turned that off. But I don't think that did anything. and My Do Not Disturb permissions looks like yours.
Ok , media was on by default I turn that off , I forget s9 don't have degital wellbeing , I have so many Samsung phones from s8+,note 9,s9 +, s10+ all little different lol