How do I get the system ui from forcing me into do not disturb mode when in my car w bluetooth?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I can't hear my messages tones when in my car with bluetooth hands free system anymore since the April system update on my Samsung 9+phone. I work in surgery and I'm on trauma call a lot. I need to be able to hear when I recieve a texts. Android auto needs to hook up to the usb port to use; but it drains my phone's battery faster than it can charge with the data/charge usb cord. I'm afraid I could lose my job if I miss the message. Also I don't understand why I pay as much as I do for my phone, only to have Samsung decide that I
must be forced into do not disturb mode when in my car & lose my ability to hear a text in my car, even when I'm a passenger. Can I block that feature from the system ui? If so, how? And will it mess up other things on my phone? This never happened until that Samsung system update in April. I always could hear the notification sounds when hooked up to bluetooth in my car before then. I am an adult and can pull over to read my text, but if I don't hear it or feel it vibrate, I have to keep looking down at my phone. I'm being forced to choose between My car's hands free bluetooth navigation system or my job. Because if I can't hear my messages, my bluetooth is getting shut off.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Can sense the frustration, but you need to go to the Settings, notifications and explore till you find the apps you want notification from and confirm the priority of the app is the highest. There are a myriad of reasons in addition, but start with this.
And, after your update, clear the cache partition and reboot.
Also, if it is activating dnd in your car, you may have a Routine set up with Goodlock or such, activating when it connects to your Bluetooth. More info will be needed.
Good luck