Sudden synch issues with Office 365

Needkeys

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Been using my s9 since its introduction as a business device that is synched to my office 365 account. I'm a heavy email and calendar user...stock apps. Never had the following problems before, but they have suddenly appeared within the last 24 hours:

1. If I create an all-day appointment in outlook, it synchs to 1 day earlier on my phone. Time zones are set correctly on my phone and in my office 365 account. The outlook appointment shows the correct date for the all-day appt., and the phone shows the appointment 1 day early.

2. If I create an appointment on my phone with no reminder, it synchs to outlook with a 15 minute reminder. After the synch, the phone appointment still shows no appointment. Office 365 account settings have "0" default reminder. I have no idea where the 15 minute reminder is coming from.

Email is working fine. Contacts synch fine. I have deleted the account on my phone and re-installed it. Same problems re-occur. Again, this all started within the past 24 hours....and it has my phone's calendar completely out of whack...making it impossible to manage my schedule when I'm on the road.

Any idea what the hell is going on here?

Needkeys

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Follow up to my post. I downloaded the outlook app and everything synchs perfectly bw that app and my office 365 acct. I can synch calendar events correctly with the outlook app and yet the same appointments do not synch properly from within Samsung’s stock calendar app. This is obviously a Samsung issue.

Samsung just updated its stock email app the other day. I have read about prior instances when updates to Samsung’s email app have broken active sync communications with office 365. I suspect that is what is going on here. Something happened with their recent update that prevents their calendar app from communicating properly with office 365, yet outlook app synchs everything just fine.

I have a feeling this will be a problem not just for me. Hopefully Samsung can push out a fix.

Needkeys

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Last follow up. I downloaded the app Nine, which is an exchange/office 365 active sync app for email, calendar and contacts. It synchs fine. So the outlook app, which writes directly to office 365 server, synchs fine. Nine, which is active synch, also synchs fine. Samsung stock calendar, which is also active synch, does not sync properly at all after the recent email update. Absolutely a Samsung issue.