I'm currently using the Galaxy S9 on T-Mobile but this was also happening with my S8.

Has anyone else experienced their phone adding duplicate street addresses within a contact? Sometimes the same address shows up 3x in the same contact! This is extremely annoying and I can't seem to find any settings to change this.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
    07-15-2019 03:10 PM
    Do you have the same contact saved from two different sources? Like a Google account, and maybe somehow locally copied to the phone, too? If so, are they linked?

The same contact from two or more sources of they become linked will show the same home and/or work addresses multiple times. If you unlink, or separate them (depending on the contact app being used), then each contact entry will have a single address type each.
    07-15-2019 10:46 PM
    Thanks Joel. I don't have any duplicate contacts and this often happens even after creating a new contact. I also always save contacts to Gmail by default, not the phone.
    07-16-2019 09:56 AM
    I don't save to the phone either.

But, recently, I discovered that all my work exchange contacts, and all my personal outlook.com contacts somehow copied themselves to "local contacts" on the phone and automatically linked. This created double addresses in every contact.

I had to remove both accounts from my phone, then delete all the local contacts, and re-create the email accounts to get the original contacts back - unlinked to anything.

Could have had something to do with a backup I tried a few weeks ago using Samsung's software, and I'm not sure I selected the right location. I also didn't mean to pick contacts, but I think it did anyway, and I think that's how they got copied.
    07-16-2019 10:59 AM