July Aug updates not here Aug 7

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
S9+ on Verizon and I received my July security update yesterday. I also got QR scanner in the notification panel and night mode for the camera.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Remember, Samsung normally issues updates late - to both the user (factory unlocked phones) and the carriers. Then the carriers have to do their things, usually adding another month to carrier-branded phones.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
As long as they are within 90 days, they are still within Google's "suggested" guidelines.

They've skipped 2 months before. All the OS people must be on summer vacation.

dendron01

Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Visit site
As long as they are within 90 days, they are still within Google's "suggested" guidelines.

They've skipped 2 months before. All the OS people must be on summer vacation.
Something like that. I've had a monthly update on my S10+ since I bought it. But it's still on the June patch. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Still on June (Sprint) in USA yet my S8 Plus get's updated on the 3rd or 4th day of the month consistently. Doesn't make much sense.

qz0xr3

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Have an S9 on Sprint network. Received the July update this morning. Update also included night mode feature for camera.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
S9 on AT&T and no update here either.

Still, they have until Sept 1 to comply with Google business requirements (within at least 90 days). Of course, nothing will happen if they go past that. But, you know... appearances...

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Update coming in now... finally.

You never know what it's for as AT&T never tells you ahead of time, the way other carriers do. And their own support site is always like a week behind on what the currently available update is.

Will know for sure when it's done in a few minutes...

Rebooting...

(I'm just typing this out while I'm waiting)

Hoping I don't get the lock-out that the S8 users got a few months back. I wonder if that issue is why the S9s took so long to get updated.

Okay, new software is G960USQS6CSH5. Previous was G960USQS5CSEA, so the bootloader is up to 6.

August 1 security patch.

Still on One UI 1.0

No change in the camera, so no new night mode, or whatever it was supposed to be called.

So, basically, nothing new at all. Just the security patch. Typical of AT&T.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
AT&T actually did revise their support page for the update to note the new OS build numbers.

As for what's new? Just a security update.

No camera night mode that every one else seems to have at this point. Not a huge deal for me, but would be nice to find out what everyone else is so impressed with.

It's possible that AT&T just pushed this out with the Bluetooth flaw fix, because a lot of users over at the AT&T support forums were complaining that their companies were blocking their phones that didn't have the fix.

qz0xr3

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Received August security update on 8/22. Wasn't a very large file (188mb). Looks to have just been "standard" security update.