Update quesion.Help please.

Hodaka

Aug 15, 2019
Visit site
I have an S9.
Originally T-mobile but unlocked and using on AT&T.
Phone and all functions work fine.
I have not received the new security / camera update.
Because it's an unlocked T-Mobile with an ATT sim...will the update come from T-Mobile or ATT or Samsung?
And will it update over wifi or does it need a sim card to update? (Sim is currently in another phone).
Thanks for your help.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have an S9.
Originally T-mobile but unlocked and using on AT&T.
Phone and all functions work fine.
I have not received the new security / camera update.
Because it's an unlocked T-Mobile with an ATT sim...will the update come from T-Mobile or ATT or Samsung?
And will it update over wifi or does it need a sim card to update? (Sim is currently in another phone).
Thanks for your help.
With the att sim it will now get update from att, as once you installed that sim it turned off to reconfigure it as now you have Att start up logo and bloatware ..it will update without the sim but to whatever the last sim was in it .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I thought carrier-specific phones still need to be on that original carrier to get the official system update.

Hodaka

Aug 15, 2019
Visit site
I was told to put an unactivated tmobile sim in the phone and it will update.
My concern is that it will delete att apps / info and reinstall tmobile apps

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I thought carrier-specific phones still need to be on that original carrier to get the official system update.
I was told to put an unactivated tmobile sim in the phone and it will update.
My concern is that it will delete att apps / info and reinstall tmobile apps
Orginal tmobile phone sim unlocked, now put a Att sim it configured to Att now , it wont un configure until next different sim goes in , so will always follow the path of last sim in the phone .

Hodaka: take the sim out restart your phone you will see it still boots up att logo , even if you factory reset it will boot up att until another sim changes it .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma