S9+ Camera dot problem

Cougary

Nov 4, 2018
Visit site
I have offer for S9+ to buy for 330e (new, not even used for a month) but it have problem. When in Camera app rear camera in 4:3 have black dot https://imgur.com/a/hRh8rHH. But it only happends in 4:3 mode. When in Ultra Wide mode it doesnt appear. When in Viber/Snapchat and Instagram camera it doenst appear. For whatsapp its same like normal camera. Owner said that this appeared this Monday and she wants to sell it because of it. She said she asked to change her camera and phone service said it will cost about 35e but she didnt wanted to do that cause she will lose water resistant. Also she says she didn't got any warranty. I have now 3 months old Galaxy A50 which works perfectly, but I think flagship is better option than midrange

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Looks like a damaged image sensor to me, possibly due to an intense light source hitting the sensor. Something like a laser could have done it, basically those pixels are dead.

4:3 is the sensors native aspect ratio and the only ratio to use the entire sensor. When you say ultra wide I assume you mean something like 16:9, doesn't show because it crops to a lower resolution and doesn't use that part of the sensor.

Last time I used snapchat it crops into a wider aspect as well, I know Instagram and Facebook Messenger stories crop to the phone screen aspect so again, it doesn't utilize that part of the sensor so no black dot would show.

If I'm correct the damage on the sensor shouldn't spread, but it also won't go away without replacing the camera.

Cougary

Nov 4, 2018
Visit site
So is it worth it? I am scared that if I change a camera, dot will stay. Also I would need to sell my current Galaxy A50 but don't know how much will mobile service give me money for it. Its 4m/o without any scratch (wearing case+screen protector from day 1). I don't know if its worth upgrade, I thought its software problem with camera and camera change wouldnt fix a problem, but also wanted to see other people's opinion. Im so insecure and sceptical but I think its good deal.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
So is it worth it? I am scared that if I change a camera, dot will stay. Also I would need to sell my current Galaxy A50 but don't know how much will mobile service give me money for it. Its 4m/o without any scratch (wearing case+screen protector from day 1). I don't know if its worth upgrade, I thought its software problem with camera and camera change wouldnt fix a problem, but also wanted to see other people's opinion. Im so insecure and sceptical but I think its good deal.

Black dot should be a hardware issue, replace the camera and it replaces the problem.

As to if it's worth it or not I'm not going to be a good judge. I don't pay much attention to used phone prices, and when you say 330e I assume you mean Euro so I've got no idea what phones are available in your market.

Cougary

Nov 4, 2018
Visit site
Black dot should be a hardware issue, replace the camera and it replaces the problem.

As to if it's worth it or not I'm not going to be a good judge. I don't pay much attention to used phone prices, and when you say 330e I assume you mean Euro so I've got no idea what phones are available in your market.

There isn't much S9+ in my region, but those which are listed are near year old and around 350 euro. New one is around 590 euro. Even new ones in verified samsung reseller are uncommon. When I wanted to buy S9 back in May, service guy told me he have new for 450 euro. Don't know if I should buy it. Im not smart in this situation

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670