Trying to figure out why i can not download text pics sent to when connected to wifi. I can send fine. If i shut wifi off, the pics download via cell connection. Ive looked at all the settings i could think of. Not worried about data, just annoying when i am at home or work....
    Any Ideas?
    10-03-2019 09:32 AM
    Who's your carrier? I've seen a number of posts in the T-Mobile forums about this. I'm not sure if there's a setting in that phone that completely turns off the cell radio when connected to wi-fi, or if there's a problem with the phone being able to switch from wi-fi to mobile data only when it needs to access MMS messages.

Check to make sure your APN settings are correct for your carrier as well, and that wi-fi calling is turned on.
    Rukbat, pontiac005 and Ruikee like this.
    10-03-2019 12:04 PM
    Not sure. I have Tmobile and I just tried it at home using wifi, it worked and saved to my gallery.
    Ruikee likes this.
    10-04-2019 02:55 PM
    Trying to figure out why i can not download text pics sent to when connected to wifi. I can send fine. If i shut wifi off, the pics download via cell connection. Ive looked at all the settings i could think of. Not worried about data, just annoying when i am at home or work....
    Any Ideas?
    Can try reset network in settings
    Ruikee likes this.
    10-04-2019 03:07 PM
    As far as I know mms pics only download over data. It doesn't work over wifi.
    Maybe if you have both data and wifi enabled at the same time.
    pizza_pablo likes this.
    10-05-2019 06:01 AM
    I have AT&T, i know it use to be fine a while back. I do have wi-fi calling enabled. I work in a secure lab with wifi only. Texts come through fine, just no pictures. Same thing when i am home at my house.
    10-08-2019 10:35 AM
    As far as I know mms pics only download over data. It doesn't work over wifi.
    Maybe if you have both data and wifi enabled at the same time.
    Thats kinda weird, i thought the whole purpose for wifi was to cut data usage and cost.....
    pizza_pablo likes this.
    10-08-2019 10:46 AM
    Who's your carrier? I've seen a number of posts in the T-Mobile forums about this. I'm not sure if there's a setting in that phone that completely turns off the cell radio when connected to wi-fi, or if there's a problem with the phone being able to switch from wi-fi to mobile data only when it needs to access MMS messages.

Check to make sure your APN settings are correct for your carrier as well, and that wi-fi calling is turned on.
    Didnt know those existed, but checked and setup with current settings and no joy ;(
    10-08-2019 11:05 AM
    Can try reset network in settings
    Done and reset the APN settings, no joy......
    10-08-2019 11:06 AM
    Weill it is now working, guess it took a few, thanks for all the help and suggestions!!
    mustang7757 and B. Diddy like this.
    10-08-2019 11:24 AM
    Weill it is now working, guess it took a few, thanks for all the help and suggestions!!
    Glad its working
    10-08-2019 11:59 AM
    Thats kinda weird, i thought the whole purpose for wifi was to cut data usage and cost.....
    That would be ideal but unfortunately no.

https://www.usmobile.com/help/knowle...e/what-is-mms/
    10-08-2019 04:12 PM
    I think most if not all carriers don't count the mobile data used for MMS against your monthly data cap.
    10-08-2019 05:08 PM
    Glad its working
    I've been having the exact issue this week, on AT&T. When I'm connected via wifi, I cannot send or receive MMS. If I turn off wifi, the picture will almost immediately send/download. But I turn wifi back on, I can't send or receive a picture again. I reset all my network settings on Monday and it started working again. Thought it was resolved, but yesterday it started again. I reset my network settings again and it worked for about 30 minutes and then stopped working yet again. I'm stumped.

I just turned off wifi calling and now I can send/receive pictures with wifi on. Will wait a bit and see if it continues or if the issue comes up again.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-10-2019 11:56 AM
    I've been having the exact issue this week, on AT&T. When I'm connected via wifi, I cannot send or receive MMS. If I turn off wifi, the picture will almost immediately send/download. But I turn wifi back on, I can't send or receive a picture again. I reset all my network settings on Monday and it started working again. Thought it was resolved, but yesterday it started again. I reset my network settings again and it worked for about 30 minutes and then stopped working yet again. I'm stumped.

I just turned off wifi calling and now I can send/receive pictures with wifi on. Will wait a bit and see if it continues or if the issue comes up again.
    Ok ...I'll wait for your follow up
    10-10-2019 12:33 PM
    Ok ...I'll wait for your follow up
    Approximately 3 hours later and I can still send/receive MMS successfully with wifi ON, but wifi calling turned off. After I get off my next call for work, I'm going to call AT&T tech support, see if they can identify why wifi calling would impede the ability to send/receive MMS.
    At least I have a workaround in the meantime. I can live w/o wifi calling better than living w/o wifi.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-10-2019 03:07 PM
    Approximately 3 hours later and I can still send/receive MMS successfully with wifi ON, but wifi calling turned off. After I get off my next call for work, I'm going to call AT&T tech support, see if they can identify why wifi calling would impede the ability to send/receive MMS.
    At least I have a workaround in the meantime. I can live w/o wifi calling better than living w/o wifi.
    Great , thanks for the follow-up, also let me know what tech support says for the WiFi call on issue.
    10-10-2019 03:50 PM
    Great , thanks for the follow-up, also let me know what tech support says for the WiFi call on issue.
    they resent the provisioning on the network for my phone. I rebooted, tested it out a while and it did not address the issue. I will have to follow-up with them again when I have some time.

In the meantime, in another thread I mentioned that the latest update with the September security killed my battery life. I could go two days before I took that update - can't even make it to afternoon with the same (or less) usage patterns. Since I turned off Wifi Calling yesterday while troubleshooting this issue, my battery has been back to normal. It's afternoon and I still have 65% battery life, in line with what I was getting prior to the Sept update.
    10-11-2019 03:01 PM
    they resent the provisioning on the network for my phone. I rebooted, tested it out a while and it did not address the issue. I will have to follow-up with them again when I have some time.

In the meantime, in another thread I mentioned that the latest update with the September security killed my battery life. I could go two days before I took that update - can't even make it to afternoon with the same (or less) usage patterns. Since I turned off Wifi Calling yesterday while troubleshooting this issue, my battery has been back to normal. It's afternoon and I still have 65% battery life, in line with what I was getting prior to the Sept update.
    Definitely sounds like a bug in the WiFi calling
    10-11-2019 03:21 PM

My wife is experiencing this same issue with a AT&T S9+. Wifi on, no MMS pictures received. Wifi off, works perfectly. And... she is experiencing horrible battery life. Sounds like it is time to disable Wifi calling.
    pizza_pablo likes this.
    10-29-2019 02:40 PM
    My wife is experiencing this same issue with a AT&T S9+. Wifi on, no MMS pictures received. Wifi off, works perfectly. And... she is experiencing horrible battery life. Sounds like it is time to disable Wifi calling.
    I have the same problem with my two S9+ phones on AT&T. Wi-fi calling has been disabled, my WiFi is 5GHz w/ 650Mbps link speed, and Android V10 installed.

Any ideas other than downloading a different MMS app, like Google Messages?

Bobby
    03-24-2020 11:49 AM
    I have the same problem with my two S9+ phones on AT&T. Wi-fi calling has been disabled, my WiFi is 5GHz w/ 650Mbps link speed, and Android V10 installed.

Any ideas other than downloading a different MMS app, like Google Messages?

Bobby
    Can try this , go settings>general management>reset>reset network
    03-24-2020 11:54 AM
    I've been on Verizon the entire time we've had smartphones.
    I just thought that's how it is. No MMS on wifi. MMS on cellular only.
    Am I wrong?
    04-02-2020 09:48 AM
    You are correct. MMS only works over mobile data.
    04-08-2020 04:01 PM