Dark mode for Play Store

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I've just noticed the play store has a dark mode during night time. No idea how or when it updated. Pretty cool
3568936206e7a8d137d2318f9ecfefe9.jpg

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the S9+ from Verizon. I am using a theme from the Galaxy Themes store. The Google Play store on my phone still shows the bright white and yes...I have the latest version of the Google Play store on my phone. So do I need to use default theme to get the dark mode for the Google Play store and also for the Google assistant?

Monee_121

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I have the S9+ from Verizon. I am using a theme from the Galaxy Themes store. The Google Play store on my phone still shows the bright white and yes...I have the latest version of the Google Play store on my phone. So do I need to use default theme to get the dark mode for the Google Play store and also for the Google assistant?

Yes, you have to be on the system dark mode to have Play Store be dark also.

rdjr74

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
So what is it I need to do to enable it? I go to display in the settings but night mode is greyed out. Is that even the right place to enable it. When I do click on it, it says, you can't use dark mode while using a theme. I really didn't think I was using a theme. How do I check what theme I'm using? When I go to the galaxy themes (store app) it doesn't tell me what I'm using. thx

rdjr74

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Actually maybe I did find what I'm using, High_contrast_theme_II. BUT, at the bottom it says, reapply, when I go to Purchased items it says applied. WTH is going on!

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes it looks like you have to be on the default theme.
You can check this if you open the galaxy themes app and tap on the themes button at the bottom of the screen.
Now you won't see your downloaded themes unless you swipe down on the screen to reveal them. Then tap on the View all and that will show you all the themes.
And make sure the default one is set.

rdjr74

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes it looks like you have to be on the default theme.
You can check this if you open the galaxy themes app and tap on the themes button at the bottom of the screen.
Now you won't see your downloaded themes unless you swipe down on the screen to reveal them. Then tap on the View all and that will show you all the themes.
And make sure the default one is set.

Thanks that worked!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz