Dark Mode Lock Screen Issue

Monee_121

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
So I'm running Pie and finally went back to default theme in order to use dark mode. I love it overall besides having to give up my love for using them.

I've noticed that while my pull down notifications are dark, on the lock screen the notifications are white background. Does anyone else have this problem? Has anyone been able to get dark notifications on the lock screen? Thanks!

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Are you referring to the icons in the status bar/AoD? If so, I have the same issue. I have a Note 10+. I briefly looked for a fix, but just changed my lock screen wallpaper to one that's dark so I could see what's up there. It didn't hurt that for the 10+ there's a nice built in dark live wallpaper of sorts.

Monee_121

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Are you referring to the icons in the status bar/AoD? If so, I have the same issue. I have a Note 10+. I briefly looked for a fix, but just changed my lock screen wallpaper to one that's dark so I could see what's up there. It didn't hurt that for the 10+ there's a nice built in dark live wallpaper of sorts.

Yes, the banner notifications on the lock screen. I switched to a dark lock screen and they are still white. But as soon as I unlock the phone they are dark again in the shade. Hopefully it will be fixed soon

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So I'm running Pie and finally went back to default theme in order to use dark mode. I love it overall besides having to give up my love for using them.

I've noticed that while my pull down notifications are dark, on the lock screen the notifications are white background. Does anyone else have this problem? Has anyone been able to get dark notifications on the lock screen? Thanks!
Try to reapply your stock theme again , probably didn't get fully changed over

Monee_121

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Thanks... But it still doesn't work. Notification on lock screen has an off white background, but if I expand the notification then it turns dark. I'm so perplexed lol

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
So I've been playing around with a bunch of wallpapers in my Gallery from old phones. The home screen seems to be better about adjusting for the colors in the wallpaper. However, on the lock screen it seems that if there are darker tones anywhere in the wallpaper even if it's only at the bottom of the wallpaper it reverts to white for the status bar/clock. If I use a light image that doesn't really have darker tones in it, the status bar/clock will turn dark.

Monee_121

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
The status bar is fine, I mean the notification for different apps is white background in the lock screen only, on the home page or when I pull down the notification shade it's dark like it should be.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
The status bar is fine, I mean the notification for different apps is white background in the lock screen only, on the home page or when I pull down the notification shade it's dark like it should be.
It's an oversight. You can adjust the transparency or just remove the background altogether, or use GoodLock's Quickstar module to get a black banner.

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Try this.....go into settings>>>>lock screen>>>scroll down until you see "Notifications" and tap on it. Here is where you can control how your notifications are shown on the lock screen. You will see "transparency" and also (among other things) Auto-reverse text color.

Hopefully this is what you may be looking for.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No I'm not, is that something I should get?
I thought maybe could of been your issue, but definitely should if you like to customize you Samsung even further. Can change how your recent apps scroll, change notification panel ,lock screen .. try it out.

Monee_121

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Try this.....go into settings>>>>lock screen>>>scroll down until you see "Notifications" and tap on it. Here is where you can control how your notifications are shown on the lock screen. You will see "transparency" and also (among other things) Auto-reverse text color.

Hopefully this is what you may be looking for.

OMG thank you!! So looks like you can't make it dark necessarily but I can make it more transparent so it's not so white. Thank you!!

I will also look into good lock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish