Twice I went to download free themes last night using the Samsung Galaxy Theme store and each time I am forced to watch a 20-30 second ad. Each time i close it out and go to download another theme only to realize my theme didn't download till I was forced to watch the whole ad. I contacted Samsung and they say they:

"Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

I understand from your inquiry that you are having unwanted ads while using Galaxy Themes application on your device.

Please note that Samsung does not generate any advertisements, neither does it encourage them.

I would kindly advise you to contact the developer of the game or the application that you downloaded and caused this issue, as it is not a Samsung related application. To do this, please access Samsung Galaxy Store or Google Play, look for the application you want, tap on it and scroll down until you see the contact details of the developer.

Should you encounter any other unexpected situation and have more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us and our support team will assist you with all the necessary information.

Also, if you visit the Content & Services Customer Support Website, http://help.content.samsung.com, you will be able to find all Samsung Content and Services we support in your country.

Thank you for using our services. Your satisfaction is very important to us.

Kind regards,
    Ben
    Customer Service Center"

So how could it be the developer when it's the Galaxy app that was doing it? When I bought a theme then there was no ad and it downloaded right away. I think I got some stupid brain dead response from someone at Samsung that doesn't speak English as a native language.
    10-11-2019 09:00 PM
    I have had the same issue recently I thought it was my phone acting up it's only on free themes I noticed
    10-11-2019 10:13 PM
    In the app the theme you are downloading I believe if you leave a comment there the devolper of the theme will contact you.
    10-11-2019 10:16 PM
    In the app the theme you are downloading I believe if you leave a comment there the devolper of the theme will contact you.
    But the popup ad is within the Galaxy Theme app itself so could it still be from the developer?
    10-11-2019 10:20 PM
    I believe so yes. I've noticed with some themes if someone makes a comment that the person who created the theme answers
    10-11-2019 10:22 PM
    Also in settings of theme store opt out marketing ads ...dont know if helps but worth a tryGalaxy Theme store ads-20191011_230138.jpeg
    10-11-2019 11:05 PM
    I deselected the marketing promotion setting but it still does it.
    10-12-2019 01:30 AM
    Anyone?
    10-12-2019 09:25 PM
    As does mine it doesnt do it all the time though
    10-13-2019 08:16 PM
    Try tapping on the (i) sign bottom left corner of the ad and see what it says.
    10-14-2019 07:41 AM
    I have been getting the same issues on my Note 9, just started within the last couple of weeks. I downloaded over a dozen themes and wallpapers last night and kept getting the same commercial - all on the free themes and different developers. I don't play Fort Nite but I guess someone wants me to LOL Annoying yes, be nice if they at least switched up the commercials. Either every developer picked the same commercial to play OR Samsung is lying. Just my thoughts...
    11-01-2019 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD