I'm installed the BlackBerry Hub on the S9 after reading that others found it works fine. All is working fine for me except after showing the beginning words in the list of an incoming text, subsequent texts to and from that same person in that same thread over hours failed to result in the listing in Hub refreshing to show any of that recent text. On my KeyONE it didn't update to show my outgoing replies but did always show the most recent incoming text in the given thread from the given person.

I was using Verizon's Message+ app in both cases at first so to double-check this issue on the S9 I then switched to using the default Messages app that came with the S9 (I added the Message app to the Hub accounts to list) and the same issues exists -- it does reflect the first incoming text from someone but not subsequent ones.

The S9 is running Android 9.

This is really not good, since the Hub is failing to inform me of new incoming texts.

Any suggestions?
    11-02-2019 03:42 AM
    You'd get better help from bbappsupport@blackberry.com than from us, unless someone has an S9, is running Hub and has figured out how to change that.
    pontiac005 likes this.
    11-02-2019 04:43 PM
    I've learned from BlackBerry tech support that this issue is the result of a recent change imposed by a Google update (at least in Pie anyway). Hopes are it was an oversight and not deliberate, and that another update will improve on it.

As far as I know, nothing Google or Samsung offers provides what the BlackBerry Hub does (or did) in terms of seeing notifications of all chosen apps in one place. If there is such a thing, I'd sure like to find it.
    11-15-2019 04:21 AM
    I've learned from BlackBerry tech support that this issue is the result of a recent change imposed by a Google update (at least in Pie anyway). Hopes are it was an oversight and not deliberate, and that another update will improve on it.

As far as I know, nothing Google or Samsung offers provides what the BlackBerry Hub does (or did) in terms of seeing notifications of all chosen apps in one place. If there is such a thing, I'd sure like to find it.
    Yes, this was a result of a change to sms handling by Google. Why hasn't anyone made a true Hub app, all in, like Blackberry? Is it technically not feasible?
    11-19-2019 10:25 AM
    I am using the Hub+ Suite on my S9.

And, yeah, it's a bit thin on text handling.

I use Textra, and I'm on AT&T. I chose Textra because I can set a specific LED color for texts.

I get new texts showing in the Hub, and clicking on it goes to that text string. However, subsequent taps on that same text notification in the Hub just opens the main app and I have navigate to the text string in question. Outgoing texts aren't listed in the Hub at all anymore (it used to).

And, yes, this was a limitation imposed on BlackBerry by Google to continue to be offered in the Play Store. BlackBerry even asked for an exception but was denied.

It's not that big of a deal to me, as the system notifies me of every incoming text anyway. The Hub can't tell you anything until you go into it.

I also use the Glimpse app to briefly turn the screen on when a notification come in. That's when I see my incoming texts.
    11-19-2019 10:44 AM