Terrible S9 Download Speeds

Pastorhss

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
My Internet at home is 200 Download /20 Upload. I have an HP Windows 10 Laptop, a Samsung Chromebook Plus, Samsung Tablet. They all consistently get Speedtest results at or around 200/20 when close, and 100s/20s when I start getting further from the router.

Except for my Galaxy S9. The results of Speedtest are dreadful. Even when I do tests with other devices, the results from the S9 from the same location and at the same time are considerably lower.

My carrier is T-Mobile, but I'm talking about WiFi speeds.

I look forward to some help.

Pastorhss

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your response, B. Diddy

I have tried using both 2.4 and 5 GHz. No difference. In regards to the router, I have no idea.

I'm looking into your link.

Pastorhss

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for following up pontiac. I uninstalled Adblock and Adguard. No difference. The S9 still gets miserable download speeds when compared to other devices at the same place and time, on the same network.

Iĺl keep trying. Happy Thanksgiving.

krisqz

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible the problem is not with your phone but with the router you're connecting to? Some kind of QoS or maybe even limit on connected devices?

Pastorhss

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
hi krisqz: I'm not that techy to know those router details. I do know this. I recently changed from ATT to T-Mobile. (I had a Galaxy S8) Then I bought an unlocked T-Mobile Galaxy S9 [used] on Swappa. [my active phone] Today I sat and tested my S8 and S9 together at a number of different places. From next to the router to further away. The S8 had consistently higher download speeds than the S9. I also tried using my Chromebook Plus from my chair in my bedroom. It had consistently higher download speeds than the S9.

Thanks for your help.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
hi krisqz: I'm not that techy to know those router details. I do know this. I recently changed from ATT to T-Mobile. (I had a Galaxy S8) Then I bought an unlocked T-Mobile Galaxy S9 [used] on Swappa. [my active phone] Today I sat and tested my S8 and S9 together at a number of different places. From next to the router to further away. The S8 had consistently higher download speeds than the S9. I also tried using my Chromebook Plus from my chair in my bedroom. It had consistently higher download speeds than the S9.

Thanks for your help.
Have you tried this in safe mode ?
Also check in WiFi settings any power saving modes on.

Pastorhss

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Mustang. [and others] I'll do some more testing, but I think I found the culprit. I turned off Download Booster on my S9. Download speedtests improved dramatically. Now I'll compare to other device tests. Will get back to you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol