S9 Plus Display issue

jagadeeshdv

Nov 16, 2019
Visit site
When i switch the display on/off within few seconds the display turns dim and horizontal lines allover the screen. it happens even during call when i bring my phone close to ear and bring down immediately. basically a fast switching between on and off screen. it recovers if i off the screen for a while and on back.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
When i switch the display on/off within few seconds the display turns dim and horizontal lines allover the screen. it happens even during call when i bring my phone close to ear and bring down immediately. basically a fast switching between on and off screen. it recovers if i off the screen for a while and on back.
Hi, welcome!
Sounds like your digitalizar (screen ) needs repair, can you get a screenshot of it?

jagadeeshdv

Nov 16, 2019
Visit site
yes, but the good thing is, if i turn off the screen and on back after 10 or 15sec later the screen seems to be normal. it happens only if there is quick switch over like when the display is ON then if i OFF then ON back immediately or during call if the screen OFF n ON due to proximity sensor behavior. very strange.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
yes, but the good thing is, if i turn off the screen and on back after 10 or 15sec later the screen seems to be normal. it happens only if there is quick switch over like when the display is ON then if i OFF then ON back immediately or during call if the screen OFF n ON due to proximity sensor behavior. very strange.
It may help to try different animation settings in developer options.