YouTube and Video issue

drfever

Jul 25, 2018
Visit site
Hey everyone.. Running Android 9 on my 9+.. Been noticing this issue lately.

When watching YouTube or any other video for that matter, the video randomly pauses.

I've eliminated connection issues, cleared cookies and cache.. Still happening.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for all that reply.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey everyone.. Running Android 9 on my 9+.. Been noticing this issue lately.

When watching YouTube or any other video for that matter, the video randomly pauses.

I've eliminated connection issues, cleared cookies and cache.. Still happening.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for all that reply.
Maybe try take out if battery optimize?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does this only happen when headphones are connected?

Also, how did you eliminate connection issues? Does this happen regardless of wi-fi connection or mobile data? Are you using a VPN?

drfever

Jul 25, 2018
Visit site
Does this only happen when headphones are connected?

Also, how did you eliminate connection issues? Does this happen regardless of wi-fi connection or mobile data? Are you using a VPN?

Yes.. Happens on WiFi.. Both my networks, 2.4 and 5G and on mobile. Not using VPN.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes.. Happens on WiFi.. Both my networks, 2.4 and 5G and on mobile. Not using VPN.

Do you mean yes, it only happens when headphones are connected? If so, then are the headphones specifically "Made for iPhone"? Those can have slightly different plug configurations which can send false Play/Pause commands. If the headphones are designed for Android, then make sure the jack is clear of any debris -- blow it out with a can of compressed air, and use a toothpick to root around.

drfever

Jul 25, 2018
Visit site
Do you mean yes, it only happens when headphones are connected? If so, then are the headphones specifically "Made for iPhone"? Those can have slightly different plug configurations which can send false Play/Pause commands. If the headphones are designed for Android, then make sure the jack is clear of any debris -- blow it out with a can of compressed air, and use a toothpick to root around.

Sorry. I wasn't clear. It happens even when I'm not using headphones.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a screen protector on, and if so, do you ever notice phantom touches? That could potentially cause a false pause command during video playback.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried Safe Mode? Assuming YouTube was preinstalled, you should still be able to use it in Safe Mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781