Hey everyone.. Running Android 9 on my 9+.. Been noticing this issue lately.

When watching YouTube or any other video for that matter, the video randomly pauses.

I've eliminated connection issues, cleared cookies and cache.. Still happening.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for all that reply.
    11-16-2019 09:29 PM
    Hey everyone.. Running Android 9 on my 9+.. Been noticing this issue lately.

When watching YouTube or any other video for that matter, the video randomly pauses.

I've eliminated connection issues, cleared cookies and cache.. Still happening.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for all that reply.
    Maybe try take out if battery optimize?
    pontiac005 likes this.
    11-16-2019 10:05 PM
    Does this only happen when headphones are connected?

Also, how did you eliminate connection issues? Does this happen regardless of wi-fi connection or mobile data? Are you using a VPN?
    11-16-2019 10:05 PM
    Does this only happen when headphones are connected?

Also, how did you eliminate connection issues? Does this happen regardless of wi-fi connection or mobile data? Are you using a VPN?
    Yes.. Happens on WiFi.. Both my networks, 2.4 and 5G and on mobile. Not using VPN.
    11-16-2019 10:23 PM
    Maybe try take out if battery optimize?
    Did that.. Even happens while my phone is plugged in.
    11-16-2019 10:24 PM
    Did that.. Even happens while my phone is plugged in.
    Try uninstall the update and see if previous version has same issue
    11-16-2019 10:28 PM
    Yes.. Happens on WiFi.. Both my networks, 2.4 and 5G and on mobile. Not using VPN.
    Do you mean yes, it only happens when headphones are connected? If so, then are the headphones specifically "Made for iPhone"? Those can have slightly different plug configurations which can send false Play/Pause commands. If the headphones are designed for Android, then make sure the jack is clear of any debris -- blow it out with a can of compressed air, and use a toothpick to root around.
    Laura Knotek and pizza_pablo like this.
    11-16-2019 11:33 PM
    Do you mean yes, it only happens when headphones are connected? If so, then are the headphones specifically "Made for iPhone"? Those can have slightly different plug configurations which can send false Play/Pause commands. If the headphones are designed for Android, then make sure the jack is clear of any debris -- blow it out with a can of compressed air, and use a toothpick to root around.
    Sorry. I wasn't clear. It happens even when I'm not using headphones.
    11-17-2019 08:18 AM
    Do you have a screen protector on, and if so, do you ever notice phantom touches? That could potentially cause a false pause command during video playback.
    11-17-2019 11:54 AM
    Do you have a screen protector on, and if so, do you ever notice phantom touches? That could potentially cause a false pause command during video playback.
    No screen protector...
    11-20-2019 05:27 PM
    Have you tried Safe Mode? Assuming YouTube was preinstalled, you should still be able to use it in Safe Mode.
    11-21-2019 10:22 PM