Whtsapp adding multiple favourite images

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi,

I'm hoping you can help me, the one thing holding my wife back from moving to android is the fact that on iOS you can add multiple images marked as favourite to a whatsapp message but on android when you go to the favourites folder in gallery then you can only add one image per message however if you go to say images it works fine. Is this a flaw with WhatsApp for Android or am I missing something?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. You can add multiple pictures at the same time. Tap the paperclip icon in WhatsApp, select Gallery, open the folder you want, long press a picture and just single click any other one that you want to add, tap Done when you finish selecting.

SunsetZee

Dec 5, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks i've now registered.

The phone is a Samsung S9.

I understand that you can add the paperclip and select an image and then you get the little image icon next to where it says "Add a caption...". This works fine for 'All media' or 'camera' or any other of the options that you get listed by default but to get to 'Favourites' then you have to go to the three vertical dots at the top then click 'Gallery' and then you can select 'favourites', or any other folders saved in gallery but the issue is that when you select an image here then the image next to "Add a caption..." where you can select more images does not exist.

Hopefully this is clear but if not let me know and I can add screenshots.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks i've now registered.

The phone is a Samsung S9.

I understand that you can add the paperclip and select an image and then you get the little image icon next to where it says "Add a caption...". This works fine for 'All media' or 'camera' or any other of the options that you get listed by default but to get to 'Favourites' then you have to go to the three vertical dots at the top then click 'Gallery' and then you can select 'favourites', or any other folders saved in gallery but the issue is that when you select an image here then the image next to "Add a caption..." where you can select more images does not exist.

Hopefully this is clear but if not let me know and I can add screenshots.

Thanks for registering. Sorry, I don't understand completely what your problem is, maybe it is something specific about the Samsung gallery. I use Google Photos as my gallery app and I can share as many pictures as I want from any folder. You have to select the different pictures before you get that "Add a caption" message.

I'll move this thread to the S9 forum where it'll be easier getting feedback from other owners.

SunsetZee

Dec 5, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for registering. Sorry, I don't understand completely what your problem is, maybe it is something specific about the Samsung gallery. I use Google Photos as my gallery app and I can share as many pictures as I want from any folder. You have to select the different pictures before you get that "Add a caption" message.

I'll move this thread to the S9 forum where it'll be easier getting feedback from other owners.

Thanks, I get the same issue if I try and use Google photos, it seems to be the way that Whatsapp reaches ou to other apps

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I get the same issue if I try and use Google photos, it seems to be the way that Whatsapp reaches ou to other apps
Oh, i think I know what you mean. Favourites is an album and it doesn't work like a normal folder. When you tap the three dots and select Gallery you leave Google Photos and open Samsung's gallery app.

As far as I know if you want to share multiple pictures from an album (not a folder) you need to start in the gallery app, select as many pictures as you want and then select share - WhatsApp - contact - send.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome!
In the Samsung gallery WhatsApp has it's own folder when you download pictures and videos , same with Instagram and face book . If you want to share more then one picture just long press them and select as many as you want and tap share button will give a menu where to share it.

SunsetZee

Dec 5, 2019
Visit site
Oh, i think I know what you mean. Favourites is an album and it doesn't work like a normal folder. When you tap the three dots and select Gallery you leave Google Photos and open Samsung's gallery app.

As far as I know if you want to share multiple pictures from an album (not a folder) you need to start in the gallery app, select as many pictures as you want and then select share - WhatsApp - contact - send.

Hi, welcome!
In the Samsung gallery WhatsApp has it's own folder when you download pictures and videos , same with Instagram and face book . If you want to share more then one picture just long press them and select as many as you want and tap share button will give a menu where to share it.

Thanks both, that works so it's just a question of having to do it from the gallery app rather than Whatsapp and not having the option to do it either way. Much appreciated!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks both, that works so it's just a question of having to do it from the gallery app rather than Whatsapp and not having the option to do it either way. Much appreciated!
Yeah as long as in WhatsApp setting you have enable automatic download for pictures and videos it goes directly to gallery and from there can send anywhere with menu pops up to share

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781