With the price of the Galaxy S9 plus coming down I wish thinking of picking one up. The only thing I've read is that the battery isn't lasting very long can I have some input from S9 plus owners I'm not a heavy user but I would like it to go all day thank you
    12-11-2019 12:40 PM
    You should be able to go all day. Especially if your not a heavy user.
    I'm some what a heavy user and if I'm not watching a lot of YouTube videos, I can go about 12hrs or so before charging my phone.
    12-11-2019 01:20 PM
    I had a s9+ great phone but a bit of a small battery..other wise .. can't complain..
    12-11-2019 01:41 PM
    I'm on a regular S9, but I get a good 20 to 24 hours on a charge. And, I'm always on my phone doing something. Even keep my AOD going between actual uses.
    pizza_pablo and pontiac005 like this.
    12-11-2019 02:24 PM
    If you let the battery on any phone drop down near 0 before charging it, you'll start having problems with the battery in a month or two. On the other hand, if you charge it when it drops to 50% (or turn it off if it gets to 40$ and you still can't charge it) ... I had to replace my Note 3 battery after 4 years because it started bulging (a manufacturing defect), but at almost 7 years old, it's still running at about 98% of what it was when it was new. (It's never been discharged lower than 45%. It's just dangerous to leave a battery like that in the phone unless it's lying face down with the back cover off - in case the battery decides to pop.) My Pixel 2 battery, coming up on 2 years old, is still showing 100% efficiency.

But drop the battery down to 0% every time, and you'll have to replace it every month.

It's treatment, not the S9.
    12-11-2019 02:52 PM
    If you let the battery on any phone drop down near 0 before charging it, you'll start having problems with the battery in a month or two. On the other hand, if you charge it when it drops to 50% (or turn it off if it gets to 40$ and you still can't charge it) ... I had to replace my Note 3 battery after 4 years because it started bulging (a manufacturing defect), but at almost 7 years old, it's still running at about 98% of what it was when it was new. (It's never been discharged lower than 45%. It's just dangerous to leave a battery like that in the phone unless it's lying face down with the back cover off - in case the battery decides to pop.) My Pixel 2 battery, coming up on 2 years old, is still showing 100% efficiency.

But drop the battery down to 0% every time, and you'll have to replace it every month.

It's treatment, not the S9.
    So your saying charge the battery when it gets to 40 to 50%

I thought lithium batteries goes by how many time u charge the phone. Therefore the more u more u charge phone, and over time it wont hold its charge as long. Meaning u have to charge it more often.
    pontiac005 likes this.
    12-11-2019 05:50 PM
    I'm on a regular S9, but I get a good 20 to 24 hours on a charge. And, I'm always on my phone doing something. Even keep my AOD going between actual uses.
    Dang. My battery must be toast.
    12-11-2019 09:31 PM
    S9+ from Verizon here. I am not a heavy user. I can basically go about 2 days or sometimes 1 1/2 days depending on how much I use my phone. I may watch a video or two but it's not an everyday thing I do. I never let my battery go below 20%. So at this point....I'm very happy with my battery life.
    12-12-2019 08:08 AM
    Dang. My battery must be toast.
    Something in the last update in October helped. I was getting around 16-18 hours at best prior to that.

But, I also go through every app I have, and turn off all background data, and background activity for every app that allows those settings to be changed (almost all of them do). I only leave a handful alone, like my email and text app.

Samsung has several battery saving modes to chose from, and they just basically do what I do, but in a blanket fashion. I want to control each app myself. I also set the screen resolution to HD+, the lowest setting. That is fine for me.
    pizza_pablo likes this.
    12-12-2019 11:51 AM
    Get you a package disabler and turn all the bloatware and sammy stuff off and bixby. Helped me out a lot. I have no complaints about battery life. Seems rather good actually. Got the phone earlier this year on Amazon Prime Day.
    12-12-2019 12:53 PM
    OMG, So tired of the how long does your battery last threads. They all average within an hour or so of each other. Nuff said.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    12-12-2019 06:10 PM